Welcome Darius Maddox

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Is that a condition of the scholarship that you have to be enrolled in classes both semesters?

Yes, obviously he's playing high level basketball, but at some point you have to balance your time with academics. I say this out of complete ignorance though lol. I have no idea what it's like to be a student athlete. I know they get accommodations to help them balance their workload, but to what extent I have no idea.
I want to correct one thing. The accommodations don't change their workload. They still have to do the same work everyone else does. It allows them to change schedule. For example, they might miss a test while on travel for a game, it may allow them to take it when they get back, or have one of the academic advisers proctor the test remotely. That kind of thing.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Is that a condition of the scholarship that you have to be enrolled in classes both semesters?

Yes, obviously he's playing high level basketball, but at some point you have to balance your time with academics. I say this out of complete ignorance though lol. I have no idea what it's like to be a student athlete. I know they get accommodations to help them balance their workload, but to what extent I have no idea.

Can’t be on scholarship if there are no classes to pay for, yes, and he can’t be on the team if he isn’t enrolled as a student in the university.

But this isn’t an issue as we have plenty of grad programs for him to be enrolled in. And the NCAA does not care if he ever finishes it (although if he wants to become a GA for two seasons and finish his degree I won’t complain!)

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023