Welcome Amari Kelly

Pablo

Hall of Famer

HONOR ROLL

Amari Kelly
shot 63.2 percent and had back-to-back double-doubles with 11 points and 11 rebounds versus NJIT and 24 and 10 at Toledo, both wins for George Mason

nzhoops

Walk-On
While awaiting an anticipated announcement of a suspension, I found this video about his life -
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGLfqOg4It8
I did not know much about him, but after watching this video.... he has had to deal with a lot and losing his mom is heart breaking. All of this has to take a toll on someone. I am glad he had something to focus on to get through the impossible emotions and dread he must of felt during that time. I wish him the best, especially getting past this ejection I witnessed this past Saturday.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I did not know much about him, but after watching this video.... he has had to deal with a lot and losing his mom is heart breaking. All of this has to take a toll on someone. I am glad he had something to focus on to get through the impossible emotions and dread he must of felt during that time. I wish him the best, especially getting past this ejection I witnessed this past Saturday.
I feel so badly for the young man. Tragic. He made a mistake the other day, but I am glad that Tony is his coach. I have no doubt that TS will walk him through this and Amari will come out better for it.

FreeGunston12

All-American
I don't know why everyone is expecting a suspension. Maybe it happens. But Amari already lost the majority of a game from the ejection. It's not like he was kicked out in the closing minute of a game and needs to serve some additional punishment (ala Skinn's nut punch). What lesson does he learn from missing a meaningless game against Bridgewater that he didn't already learn from watching his team struggle without him (already down Malik) against Loyola?

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't know why everyone is expecting a suspension. Maybe it happens. But Amari already lost the majority of a game from the ejection. It's not like he was kicked out in the closing minute of a game and needs to serve some additional punishment (ala Skinn's nut punch). What lesson does he learn from missing a meaningless game against Bridgewater that he didn't already learn from watching his team struggle without him (already down Malik) against Loyola?
Maybe you're right. We'll see. Whichever way it goes, I trust Tony.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

For trips down memory lane - https://gomason.com/story.aspx?filename=205048331&file_date=2/14/2010

"The Patriots Morrison was charged with a double technical foul and ejected early in the second half at Old Dominion yesterday. He will miss Mason's next two games, both at home, against William & Mary on Tuesday per CAA rules and will serve the suspension against the College of Charleston in the ESPN Bracketbuster contest on Saturday."

"Coach Paul Hewitt said Thursday that Okoloji's actions were 'inexcusable and not what we expect from a George Mason student-athlete.'

Hewitt did not specify the length of the suspension but says it will include Sunday's game against Oklahoma in the BB&T Classic.

Okoloji was involved in the momentum-shifting sequence in the second half of Wednesday night's 68-66 loss. South Florida's Anthony Collins was tripped from behind by Okoloji near the foul line, then was stepped on by Okoloji as Okoloji's momentum took him down the court. Okoloji was whistled for both a personal and a technical foul."

NewPatriot

Starter
Tough tough situation. I feel hard broken for the young man... so much pain and hardship to work thru in a family situation.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Are you suggesting that Amari should get a nut punch from Coach' Skinn??