WaPo Atlantic 11

polepino

Starter
I'm sure some of you have seen this in the Post, but I just read the Week 3 entry for Mason

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...op-the-atlantic-11-and-george-mason-hangs-on/

"After the Patriots lost to George Washington, George Mason president Angel Cabrera fulfilled his “friendly wager” with GW president Steven Knapp by sending a MetroCard with enough fare to make it to East Falls Church and a copy of the program from the 2006 Patriots’ Final Four run, because everyone had forgotten that it ever happened. (Kangy Garreaux)"

OUCH... And then I laughed about it, hurts so good

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I know the poll is mostly a joke, but it's serious enough that there's no excuse we shouldn't easily be in the top 10 teams every year. Normally I would say top 5 but at this point that feels like a stretch.

Top 8 feels more reasonable, actually, when we're being pitted against teams like American, William & Mary, and JMU.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I know the poll is mostly a joke, but it's serious enough that there's no excuse we shouldn't easily be in the top 10 teams every year. Normally I would say top 5 but at this point that feels like a stretch.

Top 8 feels more reasonable, actually, when we're being pitted against teams like American, William & Mary, and JMU.

Do you honestly believe we are clearly better than any of those teams?

I don't.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Do you honestly believe we are clearly better than any of those teams?

I don't.

I don't think we are - but I agree with the statement that there's no excuse that there's no excuse for why we shouldn't be. I don't think it's a talent issue either -we've got the horses, just not the jockeys.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't think we are - but I agree with the statement that there's no excuse that there's no excuse for why we shouldn't be. I don't think it's a talent issue either -we've got the horses, just not the jockeys.

Whatever the reason, the main point I want Edwards and Cabrera to reflect on is that despite moving into one of the top 7 basketball leagues in America, we are not clearly better than AU, JMU or W&M, not to mention Norfolk State.

That is f*cking sad.

Hell, Va Tech belongs in the Atlantic 11 before we do. Buzz Williams has those guys playing hard as hell. They're going to be very good before long.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Maybe someone should send Brad a link to this story just to make sure he didn't miss it?

Might make more sense to send him next week's when we'll obviously drop out of the rankings all together. Can't wait to read jokes about Norfolk State.

Geezer

Recruit
It's very painful not to vote for GMU in the Atlantic 11 poll but seriously, if you're in a major conference and and can't make the Atlantic 11 you should get fired. I can't believe I have to vote for Radford, Norfolk St., W&M, and American over us. How far we have fallen. We've got some great players, it's a shame they are losing a year of eligibility because we've got a coach who can't coach (and I'm saying this after a win).