Time to Get it Right

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Just to emphasize, keep in mind that K State had a new coach that plucked his starting 5 from the portal and took them to the Elite 8. I know our situation is different but it shows what can be done.
I will buy that for a dollar.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This is what I always suspected has been the deep seeded problem. People making the calls that don't really care that much about the university.
and they are all political appointees

there is a different selection process used for private universities with one of them being money - both out of pocket and the ability to raise

OP
G

GMUBR88

Recruit
Rounding out the roster with Walk-On’s really won’t be a thing with the fact that every year more and more kids enter the portal and they no longer have to sit.
They’ll always be kids that walk-on for extra bodies in practice but the new coach won’t need to fill his roster with them.
Are you sure? Polite, Nnaji and Ojiako also gone. That’s 5 transfers and a lost commit and we are not a week since English leaving. If we are going to hire Skinn, perhaps we should hurry up and do it.

JPgmuswim

Starter
Are you sure? Polite, Nnaji and Ojiako also gone. That’s 5 transfers and a lost commit and we are not a week since English leaving. If we are going to hire Skinn, perhaps we should hurry up and do it.
I can’t say we won’t be in the PIG game in the A-10 tournament next year but I can say that we will have a roster of at least 12 players on scholarship.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
they can still return
once there is a new coach he will decide on what is the best way to proceed
IMO at least 2 of those guys could be starters

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
So, maybe, just maybe, whoever our new coach will be already has a plan in place. I doubt the candidate(s) are sitting on their arses just waiting to be hired. I suspect they have an eye on who they would like to target and are keeping their connections fresh. This isn't a dire situation from a roster situation, yet. We weren't keeping Josh or Justyn no matter who the new coach was, only considering realistic choices. With a hire in the near future, we are likely none worse for the wear.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
So, maybe, just maybe, whoever our new coach will be already has a plan in place. I doubt the candidate(s) are sitting on their arses just waiting to be hired. I suspect they have an eye on who they would like to target and are keeping their connections fresh. This isn't a dire situation from a roster situation, yet. We weren't keeping Josh or Justyn no matter who the new coach was, only considering realistic choices. With a hire in the near future, we are likely none worse for the wear.
Holy crap - from which hookers a** did you snort the glitter and happy dust????

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
This is spot on. While Tony’s agent is working behind the scenes on his contract, I’m quite sure Tony is making contacts with players and coaches he’d like to bring with him to Fairfax. I would expect him to hit the ground running before the ink is dry.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
This is spot on. While Tony’s agent is working behind the scenes on his contract, I’m quite sure Tony is making contacts with players and coaches he’d like to bring with him to Fairfax. I would expect him to hit the ground running before the ink is dry.
Jim's future post after announcement....

Bill, Tony, same thing..let's roll!

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If you’re suggesting I’m gonna be fine if Courtney is the hire instead of Skinn, I can assure you that is the furthest thing from the truth. I’m all in on Tony.

Who said we should have hired Skinn two years ago? If the administration had just paid me $50k we wouldn’t be where we are right now and I bet we get Skinn for under a million. Now they’re going to have to pay because Willard doesn’t want to compete with Skinn for recruits (you know that’s why he’s trying to stop him from coming here).

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Who said we should have hired Skinn two years ago? If the administration had just paid me $50k we wouldn’t be where we are right now and I bet we get Skinn for under a million. Now they’re going to have to pay because Willard doesn’t want to compete with Skinn for recruits (you know that’s why he’s trying to stop him from coming here).
Indeed I can see Mason having to go to $1.2M or maybe a little higher to close the deal. Because at this point they have to get it done.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Indeed I can see Mason having to go to $1.2M or maybe a little higher to close the deal. Because at this point they have to get it done.

I’d give him another 90k or so for assistant coaches too (600k instead of what was it 515k)? Make it an even 100k, actually (what’s another 10,000 among friends).

But yet Mr. met and his fellow admins deleted the post I made advocating for emailing board of visitor members to tell them basketball deserves more funding. ‍♂️ Group think and playing it safe are not going to get this program to the level where we want it to be.
This is what I always suspected has been the deep seeded problem. People making the calls that don't really care that much about the university.