The Recruiting Class of 2012

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Is there anything to dislike about the 3 scholarship players in the recruiting class of 2012: Marko Gujanicic, Patrick Holloway, & Jalen Jenkins?

JBiggs

Starter
Aside from Holloway's gunner mentality, which can be detrimental sometimes, nope. I love it. I think Jenkins is going to be a monster in the paint in due time.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm a huge fan of all 3. With that said, as Jbiggs said, Holloway seems to get a little trigger happy, and Marko can sometimes get careless on offense and turn the ball over. His defense isn't terrific but its improving drastically. Jenkins seems like hes a monster on the boards and seems to be pretty defensive oriented. I'd like to see him score a little bit.

JBiggs

Starter
Everything on this team is supposed to happen in "Due Time"..................... and then it doesn't.
Welcome to college athletics. We all know that, outside of blue blood programs, recruits are a gamble. Sometimes they pan out, sometimes they don't. All three of these guys were under-the-radar players that are showing great promise. Aside from other gripes about players/coaches/etc., that's a positive for the program.

I'll nitpick.

Holloway isn't a great defender. so yes, there is something to dislike. I wish he cared about playing better defense.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I'll nitpick.

Holloway isn't a great defender. so yes, there is something to dislike. I wish he cared about playing better defense.
What!? His defense is lightyears ahead of where it was last year. He clearly cares and has been working hard to improve.

What!? His defense is lightyears ahead of where it was last year. He clearly cares and has been working hard to improve.

We must be watching different games. Although I admit it's hard to trust what is seen on video feeds for away games. But he still loses his man a ton in the half court and gets lost fighting through screens. He is more concerned about his offense than improving his defense.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Patrick's defense has certainly improved this season, but he still needs to be more consistent defensively. Offensively, he needs to be more selective in his shots. But, I like the fact that he's not afraid to take the shot with the game on the line. I'd rather have a shooter who shoots too much, than one who's hesitant to take a critical shot. Perhaps it's unfair, but he reminds me of Lamar Butler.

While all 3 players need to refine their game, they all appear to be great kids who want to win.

Last edited:

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Holloway needs to be more consistent with his mid range jumpers. That is a huge aspect of his game that he needs to perfect. We know he will either pull the 3 or drive the lane and toss up a floater or go with the lay-up. If he can be more consistent with his 8-10 foot jumpers then he will be truly deadly from all points on the court.