The Paul Hewitt Thread

Patriotfan49

Starter
Much like the 49er board I read, one thing has found its way to seep into every single thread no matter what the topic. So lets make this the Mason version of the Alex Smith VS Kap thread, and anything about Paul Hewitt, his abilities, his deficiencies, his small tie knots.....post here.

Anything Hewitt related.....Discuss

Last edited:
OP
Patriotfan49

Patriotfan49

Starter
050211-CBK-George-Mason-coach-Paul-Hewitt-PI_20110502153834648_660_320.JPG

Hewitt001.jpg

20_gt_hewitt.JPG

Ive never seen people or tied my tie with a knot that small.......granted the people around me and myself included probably dont shop in the same tie sections as Hewitt....probably a bit out of the price range.

OP
Patriotfan49

Patriotfan49

Starter
If anything, his $ from GT (to coach and go away) and from Mason.....has afforded him a very nice silk tie collection.

OP
Patriotfan49

Patriotfan49

Starter
One must wonder, if at every stop....the same things go wrong. Why is there no adjustment?

Can you not think of any others, or are you too stubborn to think your "brilliant" scheme doesnt work, do you have faith to a fault, do you not like change?

Like Jim said, Id much rather have a coach thats a jerk, but everybody knows can coach his a** off or be tireless in the pursuit of changing to find the successful plan. The key is to win, and if you arent doing everything to win......its a let down.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I wish people would just ask him the questions we want answered in the post game interviews/press conferences. Put Hewitt on the spot. I guess that'd be too easy.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
When he was first hired here, the spin was that by signing all those early-entry NBA guys, his GT teams never had a chance to develop chemistry and his staff was always scrambling to fill holes in the roster.

Now we have four seniors (two of whom redshirted), four juniors and the majority of a roster recruited by Hewitt and his coaches, and we're still seeing the same obvious chemistry issues.

At some point, our admin is going to arrive at the same conclusion that GT's brass made: Hewitt is a nice and classy fellow, but not worth paying a lot of money to coach basketball.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I wish people would just ask him the questions we want answered in the post game interviews/press conferences. Put Hewitt on the spot. I guess that'd be too easy.

You actually have to have real media at your games to put the coach on the spot.

That rules us out.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This thread is way too premature... just like my stamina if I ever had a night in bed with the Hewitt twins. See how this season plays out once we have a full, healthy, and game eligible squad and then criticize or praise Coach at the end of the season.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Patsby, this thread could've been started the day after Hewitt was hired.

The fact that our program continues to struggle under his leadership is the least surprising thing ever.

masonjoe

Starter
Interesting thought that I don't think I've seen mentioned here before.

For the seniors especially, is it possible Hewitt is a such a smooth talker and recruiter that he convinced a lot of players to stay and not transfer when he was hired and now those same guys realize it was a mistake and they don't like his coaching mentality or system at all? I would think that would affect chemistry at the very least.

Cool Disco Dan

Sixth Man
I enjoy how P49 explains things to us like none of us have ever been to another message board before. That is what I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving! ;)

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Drexel is beating #4 Arizona 27-11 in the NIT at Madison Square Garden. If a hack like Bruiser can finally figure it out, maybe there is hope for Hewitt.