Season Tickets

GunstonsGhost

Preferred Walk-On
I'm about to pull the trigger on 4 season tickets. I was on the fence about the blue/pink Patriot Club sections, but I'm leaning toward pink. The blue seats would get me 2 gold room tickets, but I'm not looking to donate more money to get 4 gold room tickets. Kinda stupid marketing it seems. They've essentially talked me into spending less money. I don't want to only have half of my party be able to have access to the gold room. Anyways, just wanted to put this out there for any thoughts or things to consider from folks who've been season ticket holders for a while already.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm about to pull the trigger on 4 season tickets. I was on the fence about the blue/pink Patriot Club sections, but I'm leaning toward pink. The blue seats would get me 2 gold room tickets, but I'm not looking to donate more money to get 4 gold room tickets. Kinda stupid marketing it seems. They've essentially talked me into spending less money. I don't want to only have half of my party be able to have access to the gold room. Anyways, just wanted to put this out there for any thoughts or things to consider from folks who've been season ticket holders for a while already
I would suggest calling the ticket office and seeing if you can work something out that makes sense, ask for Taylor if the person who answers is unable/willing to help. If you explain your goal is not to have 4 gold room passes but to have the better seats, they may reduce the donation requirement and let you buy in blue.

I do think the donation requirement makes sense though - you want better seats, you gotta pay and the gold room is a bonus.

If the gold room is your goal, you can sit anywhere and just make the donation requirement voluntarily of $600/per season ticket.

OP
GunstonsGhost

GunstonsGhost

Preferred Walk-On
I would suggest calling the ticket office and seeing if you can work something out that makes sense, ask for Taylor if the person who answers is unable/willing to help. If you explain your goal is not to have 4 gold room passes but to have the better seats, they may reduce the donation requirement and let you buy in blue.

I do think the donation requirement makes sense though - you want better seats, you gotta pay and the gold room is a bonus.

If the gold room is your goal, you can sit anywhere and just make the donation requirement voluntarily of $600/per season ticket.
Thanks for the feedback. I have been working through the ticket office. They haven't necessarily been open to negotiation so far. I'll try one more time then maybe reach out to Taylor.

I feel like the perks should match up with the seat and donations. If you buy 4 blue seats you should get 4 gold room tickets not 2. Maybe they'll budge on dropping the gold room and make the donation requirement cheaper.

What is the pulse on the gold room? Is it worth the money these days? Ive only been once a while ago and it was pretty forgettable.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Thanks for the feedback. I have been working through the ticket office. They haven't necessarily been open to negotiation so far. I'll try one more time then maybe reach out to Taylor.

I feel like the perks should match up with the seat and donations. If you buy 4 blue seats you should get 4 gold room tickets not 2. Maybe they'll budge on dropping the gold room and make the donation requirement cheaper.

What is the pulse on the gold room? Is it worth the money these days? Ive only been once a while ago and it was pretty forgettable.
TBH, I think you are off by taking issue with the donation levels - the donation levels for the seats are not directly correlated to the donation levels for gold room. What you are essentially arguing is that it should be $600 per seat donation requirement for blue zone, so that you will get 4 gold room passes.

In hindsight, I don't think they will budge, especially if you have already contacted them multiple times. Just my opinion.

Gold room has consistently gotten more cramped and food quality has fluctuated. Years ago I felt like the food line/quality of food finally improved, only to dramatically go down last couple years. The food line alone is a non-starter for me - I won't rejoin gold room until it improves.

My suggestion is to buy the seats you want, and use your passes when you only have one other person with you, or grab extras from seat neighbors from time to time to get halftime beers.

OP
GunstonsGhost

GunstonsGhost

Preferred Walk-On
TBH, I think you are off by taking issue with the donation levels - the donation levels for the seats are not directly correlated to the donation levels for gold room. What you are essentially arguing is that it should be $600 per seat donation requirement for blue zone, so that you will get 4 gold room passes.

In hindsight, I don't think they will budge, especially if you have already contacted them multiple times. Just my opinion.

Gold room has consistently gotten more cramped and food quality has fluctuated. Years ago I felt like the food line/quality of food finally improved, only to dramatically go down last couple years. The food line alone is a non-starter for me - I won't rejoin gold room until it improves.
Or that the gold room should be $300 to match the blue tickets ;)

Fair enough though, it sounds like it's not worth the money anyways. At least not $600, maybe $300 haha. Maybe I'm just cheap.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Or that the gold room should be $300 to match the blue tickets ;)

Fair enough though, it sounds like it's not worth the money anyways. At least not $600, maybe $300 haha. Maybe I'm just cheap.
Like @Verdad said, your experience may vary and it really depends on what you're looking to do.

Many of us on the boards (and many folks who have left) see the Gold Room as a way to commiserate and see folks who you don't normally sit with. I'm out of town, but anytime I am in town, I always try to make it a point to get in so that I can say hello to people. There are many folks that have been doing it for years, so at this point its more of a social thing especially now that Brion's is gone. I always say that folks can call me out on bullshit when I can make it to a game. :LOL:
Its become more about that for me than the food or being elbow to elbow or waiting 30 minutes for a spoonful of pasta.

While you may not be able to max out on gold room passes with your donation and be capped at 2 even with 4 tickets, you'll be able to grab extras from neighbors, folks you get to know / folks on here or just ask for extras from the ticket office or Patriot club. You also may just not want to use your passes at times too, if you can't make the game or show up on time etc.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
None of the Patriot club links have been updated since 2016. Or if they have they have the date in the URL.

Interesting.

OP
GunstonsGhost

GunstonsGhost

Preferred Walk-On
Like @Verdad said, your experience may vary and it really depends on what you're looking to do.

Many of us on the boards (and many folks who have left) see the Gold Room as a way to commiserate and see folks who you don't normally sit with. I'm out of town, but anytime I am in town, I always try to make it a point to get in so that I can say hello to people. There are many folks that have been doing it for years, so at this point its more of a social thing especially now that Brion's is gone. I always say that folks can call me out on bullshit when I can make it to a game. :LOL:
Its become more about that for me than the food or being elbow to elbow or waiting 30 minutes for a spoonful of pasta.

While you may not be able to max out on gold room passes with your donation and be capped at 2 even with 4 tickets, you'll be able to grab extras from neighbors, folks you get to know / folks on here or just ask for extras from the ticket office or Patriot club. You also may just not want to use your passes at times too, if you can't make the game or show up on time etc.
That makes perfect sense. That's kinda why I was planning to get 4 tickets. I'm probably gonna be mostly socializing with the group of people I'm bringing to the game.

Is there still some form of game plan discussion from an assistant coach in the gold room or is it just food and drinks?

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
That makes perfect sense. That's kinda why I was planning to get 4 tickets. I'm probably gonna be mostly socializing with the group of people I'm bringing to the game.

Is there still some form of game plan discussion from an assistant coach in the gold room or is it just food and drinks?
FWIW, I have 3 tickets, I think in the lower level donation section. I also have 3 gold room tickets, and probably 3/4 of the games I attend by myself. The money I donate, while I get the gold room benefits, is not FOR the gold room benefits. I want to contribute what I can to help the team to get what it needs to perform the best they can.

My point is, don't think of spending the money for the Gold room from an 'is it worth it' proposition because it almost never could be, let alone spending the coin for the Green room. But donate to help the team and any beneys you get are just the gravy on top.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Yes there is an assistant coach who breaks down the opponent, what to look for etc. In years past (under Hewitt/Paulsen) whatever the coach said they would do, usually the opposite would happen. Lol.

"This teams shoots a lot of 3s, so we'll have to defend the 3 well"
"Other team hits first 5 3s wide open"

From what I have read on here, and experienced, the majority of folks don't listen to him while they are scarfing food down, which is pretty sad.

OP
GunstonsGhost

GunstonsGhost

Preferred Walk-On
FWIW, I have 3 tickets, I think in the lower level donation section. I also have 3 gold room tickets, and probably 3/4 of the games I attend by myself. The money I donate, while I get the gold room benefits, is not FOR the gold room benefits. I want to contribute what I can to help the team to get what it needs to perform the best they can.

My point is, don't think of spending the money for the Gold room from an 'is it worth it' proposition because it almost never could be, let alone spending the coin for the Green room. But donate to help the team and any beneys you get are just the gravy on top.
Completely understandable. However, if they got enough state funding to build deep space telescopes I don't think my measly money is gonna make much of a difference. I think I'll go with the pink seats and see how the season goes. Maybe they can shake me down for more next season. Appreciate everyone's insight.

MASONscott

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Yes there is an assistant coach who breaks down the opponent, what to look for etc. In years past (under Hewitt/Paulsen) whatever the coach said they would do, usually the opposite would happen. Lol.

"This teams shoots a lot of 3s, so we'll have to defend the 3 well"
"Other team hits first 5 3s wide open"

From what I have read on here, and experienced, the majority of folks don't listen to him while they are scarfing food down, which is pretty sad.

My pet peeve is loud talking while an assistant it talking. Some of us want to hear every word to go into the game with an expert opinion. Can't we give the coach a few minutes to be heard?

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
My pet peeve is loud talking while an assistant it talking. Some of us want to hear every word to go into the game with an expert opinion. Can't we give the coach a few minutes to be heard?
Is the gold room where they have the green tarps?

One time they had alumni night inside the green tarps and that was pretty cool