Rick Pitino to Mason?

psyclone

Hall of Famer
No thank you. We can not afford another miss hire. We need a proven winner that can turn our program around quickly.

Like there are "proven winners" lining up to apply for the job! Do you really think you can identify a proven winner?

Would you hire someone who coached 11 yrs in a decent mid-major school who won somewhere around 55% of his games, won 1 conference title, went to 3 NITs but never made the NCAAs?

OP
J

JDK

Spectator
Why not give Pitino a 5 year deal and let him get the program back on track?

The man has WON every place he has gone.

Yes he will be 68 but frankly I'll take an old guy who has been around the block and can actually coach versus the current guy.

Mason32

Starter
Why not give Pitino a 5 year deal and let him get the program back on track?

The man has WON every place he has gone.

Yes he will be 68 but frankly I'll take an old guy who has been around the block and can actually coach versus the current guy.

Dude I'd love to have him here but what's the point of this thread? Do you think other fans people just don't consider these things and you have to bring it to their attention? Or are you just stroking yourself into this fantasy that it may happen?

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I thought this thread was started as just a fun exercise of “what if”. But it seems some of you really think this could happen.

This thread amounts to window shopping. We can’t afford these names being thrown around.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I thought this thread was started as just a fun exercise of “what if”. But it seems some of you really think this could happen.

This thread amounts to window shopping. We can’t afford these names being thrown around.

Someone mentioned Beilein would be a good fit for Indiana, which would mean throwing Archie Miller out the door...now there's a name.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I asked a very pointed and tough question.

We supposedly have more resources than Iona.

Right?

why do you say “we have more resources than Iona”, what makes you say that?

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Stop the idiocy. Pitino would burn our program to the ground and soil the tables at Brion's on the way out.