OT: Pizza Talk

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
To get us even more off track since there really is so little to report at this time...... Chicago or New York? That's the real question to be answered. One could even mention Detroit style pizza that not many know about.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I’ll be making a reservation for around 12pm/1pm at A Dopo for lunch on 12/5 - anyone who wants to join my son and I let me know and I’ll include you.
Unfortunately, A Dopo is only open for dinner. There are some other good eating options on Market Square and on Gay Street. Payton Manning has a restaurant and bar close to campus called Saloon 16. I have not tried it. A lot of visitors eat at Calhoun's on the River, which is a short walk to the arena. I personally think Calhoun's is just okay.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
To get us even more off track since there really is so little to report at this time...... Chicago or New York? That's the real question to be answered. One could even mention Detroit style pizza that not many know about.

Don’t sleep on Brazilian style pizza, which is a wild adventure and completely different from any other pizza in the world.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Unfortunately, A Dopo is only open for dinner. There are some other good eating options on Market Square and on Gay Street. Payton Manning has a restaurant and bar close to campus called Saloon 16. I have not tried it. A lot of visitors eat at Calhoun's on the River, which is a short walk to the arena. I personally think Calhoun's is just okay.
Saloon 16 is cool because of all of the Peyton memorabilia, but I've been largely unimpressed. Limited offerings and really expensive. I think a PBR is $7.

Plenty of great lunch spots in the Market Square/Downtown area: Stock & Barrel, Chivo, Not Watson's, etc.

Fieldhouse Social is a sports bar beside campus and would probably be the best bet for a pre-game with a larger group.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I have not tried Fieldhouse Social.

I tried The Brass Pearl for brunch a few weeks ago. Great shrimp and grits. Also good for shrimp and grits - Southern Grit in The Old City.

Patriot8, will you be getting all Mason fans, who are going to the game, tickets behind the Mason bench?

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I have not tried Fieldhouse Social.

I tried The Brass Pearl for brunch a few weeks ago. Great shrimp and grits. Also good for shrimp and grits - Southern Grit in The Old City.

Patriot8, will you be getting all Mason fans, who are going to the game, tickets behind the Mason bench?
Love Brass Pearl and Southern Grit.

And no, but I'm sure some tickets can be arranged through Basketball/Patriot Club

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Believe it or not, Knoxville has the best pizza place in the country. If you are coming to the game, you must visit A Dopo Sourdough Pizza. Get the spicy greens with speck ham.
C'MON WALTER!? That's a bold statement. THE Best is up in New Haven, CT and NYC.

A Dopo looks exactly like Pupatella. Neapolitan style. Which is good but best overall..... c'mon man. :)

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
C'MON WALTER!? That's a bold statement. THE Best is up in New Haven, CT and NYC.

A Dopo looks exactly like Pupatella. Neapolitan style. Which is good but best overall..... c'mon man. :)
I have tried pizza in New York, Chicago, Naples, and many other places known for good pizza. I stand by my statement.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Pizza Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Who remembers Picco’s Pizza in old town Fairfax? So greasy but so good.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I remember Picco's. They had an awesome Sicilian style. I grew up in Fairfax City and that was the best place for years.

The very best pizza comes from my kitchen. The crust is homemade sourdough, the sauce is made from scratch, and I have my own proprietary cheese blend. I often smuggle it into EBM to make for my dinner at games.
Mmmmm-mmmmmmmph!

FlPatriot

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I remember Picco's. They had an awesome Sicilian style. I grew up in Fairfax City and that was the best place for years.

The very best pizza comes from my kitchen. The crust is homemade sourdough, the sauce is made from scratch, and I have my own proprietary cheese blend. I often smuggle it into EBM to make for my dinner at games.
Mmmmm-mmmmmmmph!
But how do you bake it?