Mason Crew

OP
MasonCrew

MasonCrew

Starter
Mason capped the fall regatta season at the Head of the Occoquan with a gold medal performance in the marquee event (men's 8+).

The results are as follows (in order):

Mason A
St. Joseph A
West Point A
Pitt
Penn State
West Point B
Duke
Washington College
St. Joseph B
Loyola (Md.)
NY Maritime
St Joseph C
LaSalle
Washington B
Mary Washington
Pitt B
U of Maryland
Mason B

Mason results in the other events: Men's 4+ (3rd Place), Men's Lightweight 4+ (3rd), Men's Novice 8+ (11th), Men's Novice 4+ (5th)

http://www.roninregistration.com/rowing/TimingResults.asp?p=default&pt=rowing&GroupId=125916

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't know anything about rowing but I understand winning. Good job Mason!

OP
MasonCrew

MasonCrew

Starter
They are a very solid crew this year. Last year's squad was actually quite impressive, too. They finished the season with a very respectable 12th place finish at Dad Vails in the men's 8+, and a bronze medal race in the men's 4+ at ACRA Nationals.

My boat is the only boat in Mason history to win a gold at ACRAs. #humblebrag

OP
MasonCrew

MasonCrew

Starter
Mason competed in the Occoquan Sprints last weekend with gold medal performances in the Men's Varsity Lightweight 4+, and the Men's Varsity 8+ (the marquee event). They ended with the fastest time in heats for the men's Varsity Heavy 4+, but I didn't see the times for finals. Their novice boats got crushed, but Mason rarely has a strong novice crew.

The only real competition in the Men's 8 was UNC, who had beaten Mason several times in the fall season. Mason pulled ahead in the last 250m and crossed the line with a close but comfortable 1.5s lead (http://tinyurl.com/ksvb3yu).

All in all a good start to the Sprint season. If they build on their finish from last year, it could be one of the most successful springs Mason Crew has had in some time.

OP
MasonCrew

MasonCrew

Starter
Mason competed at the Knecht Cup up in New Joisey over the weekend.

We won gold in the Men's V4+ (our best win of the day), Men's JV4+, and the Men's Novice 4+. Our Men's V8+ advanced to the petite finals but ultimately finished last in that race for a 12th place finish overall.

The Knecht Cup is one of the more challenging regattas that Mason takes part in, so these are pretty good results. The Men's lightweight 4+ didn't medal, but finished 4th in their event (although that particular event didn't have a lot of good competition). Our Men's V4+ is looking like it's going to have a very strong spring, and all of our small boats for that matter (4 or less rowers in the boat).