59.8 KB · Views: 19,949
Last edited by a moderator:

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
What's the status on JF?

he took a visit to nc state. He’s going to VT today (from what I recall reading). I think Wake Forest in September as well as Florida. No idea on when his list is going to be cut or a decision other than when he mentioned originally that he’d decide in 2022

Last edited:

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
The Rivals 150 rankings were just updated yesterday: https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2022

Justyn has gone from unranked to #115 nationally.

Other notables on the list that we were involved with at some point:
#36 Tyrell Ward (we offered, he chose Xavier back in July)
#68 Judah Mintz (offered, committed to Pitt)
#71 Doug McDaniel (PVI kid, committed to Michigan)
#122 Josh Reed (offered, didn't make his top 6)

Also notable, vcu's recent commits (no other A10 schools listed):
#114 Christian Fermin
#133 Alphonzo Billups

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
The Rivals 150 rankings were just updated yesterday: https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2022

Justyn has gone from unranked to #115 nationally.

Other notables on the list that we were involved with at some point:
#36 Tyrell Ward (we offered, he chose Xavier back in July)
#68 Judah Mintz (offered, committed to Pitt)
#71 Doug McDaniel (PVI kid, committed to Michigan)
#122 Josh Reed (offered, didn't make his top 6)

Also notable, vcu's recent commits (no other A10 schools listed):
#114 Christian Fermin
#133 Alphonzo Billups
Thanks for posting. Interesting to note that Oregon has 2 kids in the top 20.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Top 10 is pretty meaningless. I’ll start getting my hopes up if we make the top 5 cut.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeah pretty good competition, just hoping URI doesn’t get him.

He15man

Starter
It sickens me that vcu pretty regularly gets 4 stars. Given that we made the F4 before them, we should at least be in the same boat. But I guess those are the consequences of certain choices/hires....

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It sickens me that vcu pretty regularly gets 4 stars. Given that we made the F4 before them, we should at least be in the same boat. But I guess those are the consequences of certain choices/hires....
I hear you, but of course vcu kept winning, and actually had a pretty decent program way before we did...back in the '70s when they were in the Sun Belt conference. Their winning tradition is fairly solid for a mid-major.
But hopefully, with CKE we can blow right by them, and stay there.

OP
Mason2005

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
They invested in their program after their run, we invested in our campus.

OP
Mason2005

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
Looks like Fernandez is set to announce tonight at 7pm. He's currently at VT on a visit.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Looks like Fernandez is set to announce tonight at 7pm. He's currently at VT on a visit.

And yet 5 years after our run we had a team deeper and probably more talented overall, with the nations longest winning streak and our first ever top 25 poll appearance and we beat that FF vcu team on their home court by 20 (and it wasn’t even close).

We screwed up the post-Larranaga hire and that’s pretty much it.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Have to think hes cutting the top 10 list. He visited NC State and is at VT, with UF being planned for September. Have to think it will be a top 5 or 6.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
And yet 5 years after our run we had a team deeper and probably more talented overall, with the nations longest winning streak and our first ever top 25 poll appearance and we beat that FF vcu team on their home court by 20 (and it wasn’t even close).

We screwed up the post-Larranaga hire and that’s pretty much it.
We screwed up letting coach L walk when he had a loaded roster.

Pay the man for a least one more season and then let him go. Hindsight is a perfect 20/20.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We screwed up letting coach L walk when he had a loaded roster.

Pay the man for a least one more season and then let him go. Hindsight is a perfect 20/20.

Yes. But even letting him go, if they hired the right coach, you still had pretty much everyone back who was coming back minus Hancock plus Sherrod who had to redshirt the previous season. Even Hewitt won 25 games with that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.