Goodbye Tyler Kolek

psyclone

Hall of Famer
This is a running joke on twitter from a parody account. Tyler kolek isn’t illiterate.

If you look at the person who initiated the tweet, it indicates this:

Simon Charles

@S_CharlesNFL

Esteemed sports journalist & Patriots Beat Writer Double PHD in Journalism & Female Anatomy

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

If you look at the person who initiated the tweet, it indicates this:

Simon Charles

@S_CharlesNFL

Esteemed sports journalist & Patriots Beat Writer Double PHD in Journalism & Female Anatomy

Yes, thus why it’s a parody account.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Guard Tyler Kolek (oblique) will miss the final two games (vs. UConn, at Xavier) of the regular season & be re-evaluated prior to the team’s BIG EAST tournament opener on March 14.

GH1p_M8WIAAz1Xb

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
2nd Team All--American

The Associated Press 2023-24 All-America men’s basketball team with statistics through regular-season and conference tournaments:

First Team​

Zach Edey, Purdue, 7-4, 300; Senior; Toronto, Ontario, Canada; 24.4 points, 11.7 rebounds, 2.2 blocks (62 of 62 first-place votes, 310 points(asterisk))

Dalton Knecht, Tennessee, 6-6, 213; Fifth year; Thornton, Colorado; 21.1 points, 4.7 rebounds, 1.8 assists (56, 298)

RJ Davis, North Carolina, 6-0, 180; Senior; White Plains, New York; 21.4 points, 3.8 rebounds, 3.5 assists (55, 296)

Jamal Shead, Houston, 6-1, 200; Senior; Manor, Texas; 13.1 points, 3.8 rebounds, 6.2 assists (52, 281)

Tristen Newton, Connecticut, 6-5, 195; Graduate; El Paso, Texas; 15.2 points, 7.0 rebounds, 6 assists (39, 254)

(asterisk)-unanimous selection

Second Team​

Tyler Kolek, Marquette, 6-3, 195; Senior; Cumberland, Rhode Island; 15 points, 4.7 rebounds, 7.6 assists (11, 172)

DaRon Holmes II, Dayton, 6-10, 235; Junior; Goodyear, Arizona; 20.4 points, 8.4 rebounds, 2.6 assists (6, 132)

Mark Sears, Alabama, 6-1, 185; Senior; Muscle Shoals, Alabama; 21.1 points, 4 rebounds, 4.1 assists (3, 122)

Kyle Filipowski, Duke, 7-0, 248; Sophomore; Westtown, New York; 17.1 points, 8.2 rebounds, 2.8 assists (5, 120)

Hunter Dickinson, Kansas, 7-2, 260; Senior; Alexandria, Virginia; 18 points, 10.8 rebounds, 55% field goal percentage (2, 113)

Last edited:

Masonfan3

Starter
We have been screwed 2x thanks to coaching changes.

Hancock and Larranaga
Kolek and Paulsen

So close yet so far.....
Hancock was gone whether L stayed or not. It is documented that he wanted to play for his former coach, Kevin Keatts who became an Assistant at Louisville that same offseason.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Hancock was gone whether L stayed or not. It is documented that he wanted to play for his former coach, Kevin Keatts who became an Assistant at Louisville that same offseason.
Didn't know that. Oh well.
We will always have "the shot."

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
My guess is Kolek would have transferred at some point too, probably after his sophomore season, even if Paulsen had stayed.

Paulsen could not recruit a 4 to save his life and Kolek would have probably gotten stuck having to play with Gadsden or Frazier starting at the 4 and it would have been another disappointing finish despite having Kolek, Miller, and Oduro all on the same team, especially when you consider the other guards were XJ (always nursing injury), Polite (always nursing injury), and Grey (freshman who would have been out of his depth).

PS: welcome to the offseason?

PPS: congrats to Kolek.

KAOriginal

All-American
I did not see these documents.

Are they in the Fenwick archives?

I feel like I want to do my own version of National Treasure.