GMU Pep Band Doing Too Much

Son-of-a-Gunston

Preferred Walk-On
It's been done... The swim team arrived to a game some years back wearing their warm-up capes. When the game started they all threw off the warm-ups leaving themselves clad only in their green Speedos. I think the cheerleaders extricated themselves to the other side of the student bleachers, post haste.

Harry

Starter
I like the fight song-Superstition sequence a lot and hope that it continues to be used in perpetuity! I'm willing to defer playlist judgements to Doc Nix who has a better sense of what works than most of the rest of us.
I think that "Superstition" needs to be kept, especially as the last song before tip-off. That song is our main connection to the 2006 Final Four run (given the downplaying of "Living on a Prayer"). If you go back to the recordings, you can always hear the Green Machine playing the song as the announcers are making their final pre-game remarks.

GMU92

Starter
It's been done... The swim team arrived to a game some years back wearing their warm-up capes. When the game started they all threw off the warm-ups leaving themselves clad only in their green Speedos. I think the cheerleaders extricated themselves to the other side of the student bleachers, post haste.

Ba, yep, I remember that. Little kid sitting in the row in front of us turned to his father and said "Daddy, they're in their underwear!"...LOL.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
They used to do that all the time, would love to see that return. Not literally "see", but for them to begin doing it again and I'll just try not to look to my right at all...

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Doesn't have to be boys in underwear, although to be an Equal Opportunity Heckler, the women's swim team should be part of this too. With a lot of famous people in DC, why not bring someone in and have them pop out during free throw's etc.

Last edited:

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
They used to do that all the time, would love to see that return. Not literally "see", but for them to begin doing it again and I'll just try not to look to my right at all...
You guys are totally missing the point. It's more about the curtain and when they reveal what's behind it. It's not about people being dressed up the entire game behind the basket. Watch the videos on what the fans at ASU actually do. Quite ingenious.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
You guys are totally missing the point. It's more about the curtain and when they reveal what's behind it. It's not about people being dressed up the entire game behind the basket. Watch the videos on what the fans at ASU actually do. Quite ingenious.

You are exactly right. I had only seen the pics of Phelps, then recently watched the video of how they pull back the curtain. Genius. I think we should blatantly steal the idea.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Who could we get for our first Eagle Bank Pole Dance of Distraction...

TOC in a thong dancing to wrecking ball.

(words sung by Mason BBall program)

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Who could we get for our first Eagle Bank Pole Dance of Distraction...

TOC in a thong dancing to wrecking ball.

(words sung by Mason BBall program)

To come in like a wrecking ball, one must first have ambition and energy. TOC's theme song should either be Comfortably Numb or Loser.