George Mason Athletics Enter into Ticket Sales Partnership with Aspire

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

George Mason University and The Aspire Group have announced a multi-year sales and service partnership across all of the Patriots' ticketed events. Aspire's on-campus Fan Relationship Management Center (FRMC) and its staff will generate revenue through ticket sales and stand-alone donations to the Patriot Club. Tristan Atterbury, who previously managed the group sales team at Orlando City SC of Major League Soccer, will lead the FRMC.

In addition to ticket sales and donation stewardship, Aspire will ensure George Mason has the proper information to make data-driven decisions via best-in-class consulting support from its award winning Strategy, Analytics, and Marketing SAM team.

Seems like this is good news. I have to think their focus will be trying to get more butts in the seats over the coming years. Anyone else have any thoughts on what this might bring?

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

George Mason University and The Aspire Group have announced a multi-year sales and service partnership across all of the Patriots' ticketed events. Aspire's on-campus Fan Relationship Management Center (FRMC) and its staff will generate revenue through ticket sales and stand-alone donations to the Patriot Club. Tristan Atterbury, who previously managed the group sales team at Orlando City SC of Major League Soccer, will lead the FRMC.

In addition to ticket sales and donation stewardship, Aspire will ensure George Mason has the proper information to make data-driven decisions via best-in-class consulting support from its award winning Strategy, Analytics, and Marketing SAM team.

Seems like this is good news. I have to think their focus will be trying to get more butts in the seats over the coming years. Anyone else have any thoughts on what this might bring?
Seems like an outside solution to some of the staffing losses in the ticket dept but I may just be reading it wrong.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Seems like an outside solution to some of the staffing losses in the ticket dept but I may just be reading it wrong.

Seems smart to outsource this function to a company that can be held accountable to contracted results.

it

it really is bizarre to see many old faces end up at GW. I've gotta trust, Brad has a plan, and it looks like he does with this new partnership...I wondered what happed to James Meyer, and then saw him running with a GW t-shirt in my neighborhood. Looks like Jennifer Montgomery plucked some familiar faces with her to GW as Andy Ruge joined them too a few years ago.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
it

it really is bizarre to see many old faces end up at GW. I've gotta trust, Brad has a plan, and it looks like he does with this new partnership...I wondered what happed to James Meyer, and then saw him running with a GW t-shirt in my neighborhood. Looks like Jennifer Montgomery plucked some familiar faces with her to GW as Andy Ruge joined them too a few years ago.

Not uncommon to see people change jobs to local competitors. Could it be they did not make their targets for fund raising?

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Not uncommon to see people change jobs to local competitors. Could it be they did not make their targets for fund raising?
I am not sure Mason is in the business of firing under performers. Darrell Green still gets a paycheck as does the disrespectful lady to "fans" on Twitter in the Community Engagement department. Jennifer, James and Andy are all great people but have failed miserably to get butts in seats (might be their fault might not), but I am pretty sure none were told to leave. GW can barely fill their Mickey Mouse gym so it's not like they left for much better jobs.