Game 4: GMU (3-0) at #21 Maryland (3-0) on Wednesday, November 17, at 7PM.

Masonbballfreak is back! I was active on the forums since the CAAzone days, and I've always went to the home games every season, wasn't a bandwagoneer I've gone to the games even when they have had a losing record, just wasn't active on the forums. I see real potential this season and I'm back on here, Go Mason!

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Masonbballfreak is back! I was active on the forums since the CAAzone days, and I've always went to the home games every season, wasn't a bandwagoneer I've gone to the games even when they have had a losing record, just wasn't active on the forums. I see real potential this season and I'm back on here, Go Mason!

Welcome back dude!

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
How good was our transfers tonight. Holy moly. Cooper started off so bad but damn he put it on. Schwartz is an absolute killer and my sweet son Ticket is an awesome bball player and everything we need

Schwartz leads the team in points
Gaines in rebounds
Cooper/Johnson in assists

variaban

Walk-On
What a game. I still hate Maryland but this game helped with some closure on getting over the previous losses and the lack of willingness from Maryland to play us. We need the Patriot Platoon back and they need to take lessons from the Maryland student section. Those were some rowdy kids and I loved their chants. Their stadium was nice too, even the sh*tty seats had a good view of the court because of the semi overlap of the sections. Their seats were roomy and comfortable too. I hope our admin does their homework when looking to build a new facility or revamp EBA.

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Long-time reader of the boards. Occassional poster. Mason fan from my days on campus (1985-89). The 2001 MGMU/MD game still haunts me, and until I watched the Stony Brook game, I was not sure we would ever beat them (they have never given us many bites at the apple).

But having watched what this team did to three decent teams convinced me this game was not only winnable, but it was more than conceivable we would win, and win handily. We didn't blow them out but we did lead for the last 30 mins. And, having been down by 9 early on, we basically covered like a -13 favorite from that point forward.

Lots of props tonight. Schwartz was tremendous, of course. But consider the job XJ did on Fats. Totally neutered him! Had a 5:1 assist/TO ratio with Russell dogging him all game. To me, this was the difference maker. Gaines was superb, as was Coop.

Props as well to Josh for stepping up big at the end. Like XJ, he had a very tough assignment, but didn't shy away from the challenge and asserted himself when we needed it most. While we're at it Henry and Jones played key roles that should not go unnoticed. Hell, had Frazier been given the opportunity, I am sure he would have shined, as well. Problem is there are only so many minutes.

This team reminds me of an even better version of the 2011 squad (how MUCH better, we'll have to wait and see, but I think it's A LOT), and has some similarities to the 2006 team (but with more shooters and maybe - apologies Jai - a better center? Though, I loved Jai the moment he played his first game).

This is a Top 3 A10 team, at the least, and perhaps the team that will face, and possibly beat, the Bonnies in the finals.

BBride

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
All in! Hustle. More pics later, I got to get to sleep

FEdBH0XX0AIOI84
FEdBH1xXwAIhJSu

FEdBH1qX0AQYEGX