Game 27: AT University of Dayton, Wednesday, February 25th, 7 PM, MASN

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm all for player accountability, but it's on the coaches when Copes is still falling for pump fakes in his senior year. :bricks:

I heard somebody threw a mean pump fake at Copes just last week.

Pretty sure it involved a bong instead of a basketball, though.

Copes bought the fake ... and wound up sitting dejectedly with two personal fouls and no bong.

Harry

Starter
Minus the TO's, they played better than I thought they would in the first half. Cue the circus music on the last 12 seconds of Hewittian miscues. A whole other half for Dayton to make this a 20 point game.
When Shevon sat down with 15 minutes left, it seemed hopeless. But surprisingly, Royal, Jenkins, and the three guards (Moore, Edwards, and Lockett) played like a cohesive unit that had been working together all season. They moved the ball on offense, hitting the open men and the cutters. They played like a unit on defense too, fighting through screens and helping out.

But then in the second half...same old thing, puzzling lineups and rotations. Ill-advised shots and turnovers. Not sure if the first half unit ever played together in the second half...

wijg

Starter
When Shevon sat down with 15 minutes left, it seemed hopeless. But surprisingly, Royal, Jenkins, and the three guards (Moore, Edwards, and Lockett) played like a cohesive unit that had been working together all season. They moved the ball on offense, hitting the open men and the cutters. They played like a unit on defense too, fighting through screens and helping out.

But then in the second half...same old thing, puzzling lineups and rotations. Ill-advised shots and turnovers. Not sure if the first half unit ever played together in the second half...
I am guessing one of our new posters can explain the brilliance of the strategy.

Better call Saul...