Game 26: University of Rhode Island, Saturday, February 21st, 4 PM, NO TV

wijg

Starter
So, what do you think BE and AC are talking about?
5bf4fa2148d4536aac545904fc69260b.jpg

Could it be the coach across the court? I hope so.
Do you think that Hurley guy has a brother we can hire?

patriotchild

Starter
Even though I didn't catch a cow ... Some positives of today

More fans than expect
Shevon got his 10/10
I got a lot of likes for my first time posting at a. Game
They gave fans a hand for braving poor road conditions

wijg

Starter
Oh, in case I didn't already say this, I predict Hewitt will be fired after today's game.
How awesome would that be if one of the other coaches comes out for the post game press conference and says that Hewitt has been called into a meeting with Cabrera and Edwards. They will have an announcement shortly.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I am unable to go to games because i'm about 4 hrs away- good crowd? Oh- and by good crowd I mean people made plenty of noise about their dislike or Hewitt?

I didnt hear too much on the Hewitt front. I yelled out a few "CALL BOBBY" but nothing with nothing.

I braved the elements by taking the Metro (ugh) and then getting a lift from my friend to the game and home to Arlington.

Glad I could sit wherever I wanted and it felt like I was at a Women's game with the small crowd. I did notice that Edwards and Cabrera were chatting for a long time at one point. I also noticed that Hewitt still calls the same stupid timeouts. :bricks::bricks:

Glad I went to catch up with a friend of mine and that he was nice enough to get me and take me home. The game = :bagoverhead::bagoverhead:. Not going to beat that horse. Most teams get better in February, I think Mason has gotten worse.

polepino

Starter
Woke up today and was somewhat cloudy about game time. Got busy with my day and next thing I know its 534pm... Flinched when I realized I had missed the start if the game...then I went back to what I was doing. Seems like I didn't miss much. First game in a long time that I just blew off when I had time off to catch it, online or otherwise.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Damn, I just looked up Rhode Islands roster. Their top 3 scorers from the game today are YOUNG and they are all Guards. Their big guard who drove on us at will, Terrell, is a Freshman. Garrett is a Freshman. Matthews is a Sophomore. All 3 of their guards shot pretty well on us today. Their backcourt is loaded for the next 2-3 years. Amazing they are so good with a young team. They will be very good the next 2-3 years. And will probably have the best backcourt in the A-10 the next couple years.

Its amazing this small school can recruit halfway across the country so well. Garret is from Wisconsin and Matthews is from Michigan.

Its amazing our recruiting incompetence. Not just on the Mid-Atlantic level but why can't we find guys like them in the Midwest or Southeast.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
And they get that memphis transfer next year.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I think the players have tuned out at this point...maybe?

I sat close and tried to figure out what it was, and it was hard to pinpoint. I think it really comes down to coaching and what they are trying to accomplish and how.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
That is BS. The decision has been made. Fire him now. Why give a thief another $85k?