Game 2 - AT Lamar, Nov 12th, 8 PM, No TV

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Was there a technical foul called against Lamar? I saw Okiloji shooting a free throw on his own.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Just didn't like how much we put them on the line...10-12 from the FT line is what is keeping them in this game.

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Our biggest problem manifested itself here. We're still unable to extend leads. We were up ten with five minutes left in the half, and we go into halftime up eight. This happens frequently against lesser opposition.

I want to see us STEP ON THE THROAT. Come out guns blazing in the second half and put them away early.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Our biggest problem manifested itself here. We're still unable to extend leads. We were up ten with five minutes left in the half, and we go into halftime up eight. This happens frequently against lesser opposition.

I want to see us STEP ON THE THROAT. Come out guns blazing in the second half and put them away early.
Truth.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023

While historically accurate, let's not pretend like we weren't playing without four of our starters for half of the first half. We are a deep team, but not having Sherrod, Allen, Arledge and Copes even against lesser competition is still pretty significant. I was happy with the way the reserves competed and kept the lead to 8.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

If they come out cold to start the second half and give up the lead right away, I'll agree.

Our largest lead was 11. I wouldn't exactly call that letting a lead slip away.

JPgmuswim

Starter
If Copes and Arledge were playing we'd be up by 20, Lamar is a small team. Hopefully we aren't as sloppy the second half. I'd also like to see Jenkins play some if he doesn't get another 2 fouls in 5 seconds. Liked what I saw in Moore and he's played more than I thought he would.

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GMUGemini - Didn't say it slipped away, just felt like a wasted opportunity to take a big lead (15+ points) into the half.

GMUTom - Fair point. I'm souring on the coaching staff so these groundhog day games against crappy teams are killing me inside.