Game 18: AT University of Massachusetts, Wednesday, January 16th, 7 PM, ESPN+

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
Checked the FIOS guide for 11 (channel 597). Mason game not listed. They list a Grand Canyon game that begins at 8. If a game is on ESPN+, does that prevent any other channel in this market from carrying it?
Read that 11 broke their relationship with UMass.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

GMU_DCU

All-Conference
This needs to be the game where Reuter throws around his weight and doesn't throw up any soft missed layups. If he can get us 10+ points in the paint and Calixte chips in another 10 I think we got this game in a close one.

Last edited:

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
This needs to be the game where Reuter throws around his weight and doesn't throw up any soft missed layups. If he can get us 10+ points in the paint and Calixte chips in another 10 I think we got this game in a close one.

Agree with you on this one - when Reuter play less hesitantly he is solid on defense and he can score. I think he needs to realize that he is a big man and strong and use it. He can be a strong positive in the post.

We also need some balance on scoring by being decent on three point scoring to spread their defense.

Bricker

Starter

yeah man no more of that front-rim garbage. time to throw some 'bows.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Not sure if this is the game this is the game he will be throwing hos weight around. Holloway is 6-11 and weighs 824 pounds (and counting).

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
A few gambling sites have UMass as a 2.5 point favorite.
Don't blame them.

• Based upon our earlier season performance
  • We have two starters out
  • UMASS is 0-4 but have played top opponents close
  • The "due" factor. Losing a 5th game in a row in unlikely especially at home
  • A win for UMASS would be a huge morale booster for them and they will come out with extra motivation, especially since we beat them 3 times last year.
On paper this would not be a significant win, but in reality, it would be a huge victory.

patriotchild

Starter

If we got 10 from each of them we’d be winning games by 30. It’s a good expectation to have.

Jared goes in spurts on the boards and has been getting stuffed when he’s not hitting rim. Calixte has been better on offense, but also doesn’t grab rebounds consistently. Modest consistent contributions from them would give us a lot of potions

What id like to see from the combo each night is somewhere around 15 points and 15 rebounds between them. Don’t think we’d be on the losing end of many games if that happened.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This is where putting Reuter in the high post and making Holloway move his feet will be important. If we let Holloway guard where he is comfortable, we aren’t going to move him off that block.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
This is where putting Reuter in the high post and making Holloway move his feet will be important. If we let Holloway guard where he is comfortable, we aren’t going to move him off that block.

I like that idea, with Reuter passing out of the high post to cutting guards/wings, forcing Holloway to try to recover and likely being too slow or have to foul to compensate.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
How about starting Miller? I think it fits the opponent and also he might be able to fill Mar's roll 100%. But what do I know.