Game 16: GMU (9-6 / 1-1) vs Loyola Chicago (6-8 / 0-2) on Saturday, January 7, at 2:00 PM.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
KenPom: Gives us a 72% chance of winning.
GMU - 111
Loyola Chicago - 184

NET:
Mason - 101
Loyola - 249

Loyola Chicago is currently 6-8 on the season and 0-2 in A10 play. They are 4-2 at home, 1-2 away, and 1-4 at neutral sites.

History: This is the first meeting between GMU and Loyola Chicago.

Wins: Fairleigh Dickinson (88-82 OT), University of Illinois Chicago (70-63), Central Arkansas (85-70), Green Bay (70-46), Clemson (76-58), U Albany (68-56),

Losses: Tulsa (85-66), Boise St. (70-48), Texas A&M (67-51), Harvard (61-55), DePaul (78-72 OT), Stanford (75-62), GW (97-87), Davidson (80-57),

Schedule: https://loyolaramblers.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
Roster: https://loyolaramblers.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
Stats: https://loyolaramblers.com/documents/2022/12/31/MBB_Season_Stats.pdf

Loyola is led by 6'6" Philip Alston (13.8 ppg & 5.7 reb) and 6'0" Braden Norris (10.8 ppg). 6'8" Tom Welch (7.9 ppg) is the only other Rambler to have started every game. Other starters have been 6'1" Marquise Kennedy (10.4 ppg), 6'7" Ben Schweiger (9.8 ppg), 6'7" Saint Thomas (3.2 ppg), and 6'3" Jalen Quinn (2.8 ppg). In all 10 guys average double figures in minutes (in the games they have played).

Loyola averages 68.2 points per game while giving up 70.6. The Ramblers shoot 47.6% from the floor and 33.3% from 3. Opponents are shooting 44.3% from the field and 32.3% from 3. The Ramblers shoot 69.5% from the free throw line. They have out rebounded opponents by 1.6 boards per game. They average 16.8 turnovers per contest.

The game is on MASN2.

My prediction: We’re at home so we win but my confidence is not high. GMU 74 - Loyola 69.

Discuss.

Attachments

• 8238935F-F31C-4907-84CC-B6C27CB638FA.jpeg
    8238935F-F31C-4907-84CC-B6C27CB638FA.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 7,234
Last edited:

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Loyola Chicago is going through some serious growing pains. We are a different team at home. We’re winning this one by double digits.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Kennedy although their third scorer is probably their most important player. I think Bailey will need to step up. Polite should physically dominate Braden Norris so he won’t go for 30 on him like Banks did tonight. Maybe Oduro will finally step up against a really physical Alston or maybe he will continue to be softer than whipped cream on both offense and defense. I miss Ticket already :/

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Loyola sucks this year. Its ok, we can say it. 17 turnovers a game is awful... shows a young team and inexperienced team that doesn't know each other's playing tendencies. Didn't they bring in a bunch of transfers.

Should beat them, we have a better team and overall talent. Plus this is at Home.

Goodguys 75
Sister Act part V 64

Last edited:

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Loyola sucks this year. Its ok, we can say it. 17 turnovers a game is awful... shows a young team and inexperienced team that doesn't each other's tendencies. Didn't they bring in a bunch of transfers.

Should beat them, way better team and talent.... even on crappy days.

Goodguys 75
Sister Act part V 64
One of their guards has a career night from 3. We lose.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This is at home but like any league game it will be a challenge.

That said, we hold Loy Chi under 60 and we win.

mason 68
loy chi 57

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Loyola sucks this year. Its ok, we can say it. 17 turnovers a game is awful... shows a young team and inexperienced team that doesn't know each other's playing tendencies. Didn't they bring in a bunch of transfers.

Should beat them, we have a better team and overall talent. Plus this is at Home.

Goodguys 75
Sister Act part V 64
They are led by two seniors. Kennedy has been on the team since Sister Jean became a nun

More confident in this one than I was Spidey. Loy-Chi seems #actuallybad (tm), and generally struggle to score, which we've played well against teams like that so far.
Think we get a double digit A-10 W at home here
Pats: 71
Loy-Chi: 59

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Good test with two teams struggling to find their footing in A10 play. They have some good pieces but we are a much better team. mason by 8

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
No particular reason but I think we’re gonna crush them today. They play way worse defense than us, and our offense is better than theirs. We play exponentially better at home, this has the markings of a 15+ point win. Let’s get it. Do they tow Sister Jean around for these away games? A good portion of our fanbase probably went to high school with her so want to make sure none of you pervs try to kiss her under the bleachers.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
No particular reason but I think we’re gonna crush them today. They play way worse defense than us, and our offense is better than theirs. We play exponentially better at home, this has the markings of a 15+ point win. Let’s get it. Do they tow Sister Jean around for these away games? A good portion of our fanbase probably went to high school with her so want to make sure none of you pervs try to kiss her under the bleachers.
You should have known her before she became a nun!!

DRK331

Starter
Ticket's left hand/wrist is in a cast. Just saw him walking around in warm ups. He is not warming up with the team.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Ticket's left hand/wrist is in a cast. Just saw him walking around in warm ups. He is not warming up with the team.
I'm not seeing him back until late Jan early Feb. Huge loss to an already soft defense.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Mmm yes... always love when Polite has 2 fouls each 9 minutes into the game