11/26/13: Mason 6 - Princeton 0
12/25: Mason 4 - St. Mary's (CA) 0
1/2/14: Mason 4 - Penn 3
1/11: Mason 11 - St. Joseph's 10

Mason & opponent had the same number of fast break points: 3 games

11/30/13: Mason 4 - Rhode Island 4
12/22: Mason 0 - Iowa State 0
2/15: Mason 6 - St. Bonaventure 6

When they played together on the Boston Celtics, Bob Cousy always ran to the same spot on the floor when Bill Russell got a defensive rebound. Russell never had to find Cousy to make the outlet pass to start a fast break. Shouldn't the Patriots be more proficient in running the fast break?

Last edited:

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Our defensive rebounding is decent enough (5th in conference at about 69% of available rebounds) to get us started. Haven't noticed any particular consistency in outlet passes; understandably we seemed focused on retaining possession rather than racing upcourt.

It's the turnover differential that's killing us--worst in the conference (almost a -3). Many of those turnovers likely result in fast breaks against us.

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
That Iowa State number can't be right. I seem to remember them commenting in the first half at how surprising it was that we were running and getting transition baskets against them. I don't think it's possible that the entire game was played without a fastbreak basket.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
That Iowa State number can't be right. I seem to remember them commenting in the first half at how surprising it was that we were running and getting transition baskets against them. I don't think it's possible that the entire game was played without a fastbreak basket.

That's what the official box score says.

Great stat keeping in Hawaii I guess. 6 total fast break points in the 3 games Mason played in.

I guess the early morning hours made it tough to keep up with the action.....

I know Hewitt has made it a point of emphasis to run after opponent misses a little more lately.

When Sherrod became a SF and Allen a SG I thought we'd be able to run more, but this is s drop in an ocean of troubles.