Bryon Allen - 15 ppg, 3.1 apg, 45% fg, 85% ft, 38% 3p
Nate Langley - 20.9 ppg, 2.4 apg, 43% fg, 67% ft, 30% 3p
Mark Davis* - 15.5 ppg, 1.3 apg, 44% fg, 61% ft, 33% 3p
Lamar Butler* - 15.7 ppg, 2.4 apg, 46% fg, 74% ft, 43% 3p
Tony Skinn* - 14.4 ppg, 2.2 apg, 41% fg, 76 ft%, 34% 3p
Folarin Campbell - 15.6 ppg, 3.1 apg, 46% fg, 73% ft, 36% 3p
John Vaughan* - 12.3 ppg, 2.1 apg, 43% fg, 74% ft, 34% 3p
Cam Long - 15.1 ppg, 2.9 apg, 48% fg, 75%, ft, 43% 3p

Not meant to be definitive and doesn't take into account defensive stats, sharing ball w/other scorers on team, competition etc. From a overview perspective though, I think it justifies putting Bryon Allen in the discussion w/the best shooting guards of the Coach L era.

* Jr. year where ppg was higher then Sr. year

Bryon is now up to 15.8 ppg which would put him at a higher scoring clip then any shooting guard during the Coach L era other then Nate Langley. His 40% from behind the arc is also ahead of all our top guards from that era with the exception of Lamar Butler and Cam Long.

Yes, it's a exceptionally disappointing season, but let's not overlook the effort and contribution of a guy whose been giving it his all for the Green & Gold for 4 years.

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Bryon is now up to 15.8 ppg which would put him at a higher scoring clip then any shooting guard during the Coach L era other then Nate Langley. His 40% from behind the arc is also ahead of all our top guards from that era with the exception of Lamar Butler and Cam Long.

Yes, it's a exceptionally disappointing season, but let's not overlook the effort and contribution of a guy whose been giving it his all for the Green & Gold for 4 years.

Not sure Nate ever played for Coach L.

Not sure Nate ever played for Coach L.

He didn't. He played his final season under Westhead and in order to be eligible to play for Coach L he would have needed to complete something like 12 credits over the summer. Wasn't going to happen.

Shame. Nate would have been awesome with Coach L and that defense.

I stand corrected - he last played the 96-97 season and L took over in 97-98.

So I guess my original point above then changes to BA now on a higher scoring clip then any shooting guard during the L era.

True enough.

Of course Wright and Allen have zero help in the post. Can't think of a time under L when the team didn't have at least one legit low post threat.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
With 8 points tonight, Bryon Allen passed Jeri Porter's father John Wiley (970 pts.) for 35th place in career scoring at Mason with 972 points.

Harry

Starter
I don't know if this was posted elsewhere, but BA's steal and buzzer-beater at the end of the first half last night was the #8 top play on SportsCenter

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENVtPdAaAHY
Thanks for posting the video...I was in the men's room when I heard the crowd roar! That's what I get for trying to take care of business and still get to the Gold Room on time...

And No. 2 was Trevor Ariza's 3/4 court shot against Atlanta to end the third period!

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
With 18 points (and 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 0 turnovers, & a steal) in the 69-60 victory over Richmond, Bryon Allen passed Jon Larranaga (980 pts.) and is now 34th in career scoring at Mason with 990 points. Bryon needs just 10 points to become the 33rd Mason men's basketball player with 1,000 career points.

Last edited:
OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
With 14 points in the loss at GW today, Bryon Allen passed Levester Berry (994 pts.) & tied Keith Michael for 32nd place in career scoring at Mason with 1,004 points.

Last edited:
OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
With 5 points in Mason's 59-57 victory at La Salle tonight, Bryon Allen passed Brian Miller (1,006 pts.) for 31st place in career scoring at Mason with 1,009 points.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
With 17 points on Senior Night, Bryon Allen passed Byron Tucker (1,020 pts.) for 30th place in career scoring at Mason with 1,026 points.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Bryon Allen, I have always been a big fan of your play. Thank you for all you have done and the way you have represented Mason. I wish you the best of luck as you move beyond Mason .

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Will definitely miss BA. With his athleticism, size and speed I've always thought that had he chosen football over basketball he might be playing Sundays as a defensive back somewhere. For our sake, I'm glad he took the path he did. Hope he has a nice career ahead of him.