Beer Me!

MASONscott

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Dear Patriots,

For the 2021-2022 men’s and women’s basketball seasons George Mason University, in collaboration with Mason Athletics, is implementing a pilot program to sell beer and wine at EagleBank Arena. This initiative begins at the Patriots game against Penn on Friday, November 12th at 7:00pm.

This initiative will improve the fan experience at games by expanding the options at the concession stands, allowing fans 21 or older to purchase beer or wine. The DMV is a very competitive entertainment market, and this initiative positions Mason Athletics more effectively to meet and exceed fan expectations.

For those wishing to purchase alcohol, verification of age and issuance of wrist bands will be completed at the concession stands. Fans will be permitted to buy a maximum of two drinks at a time at designated stands on the North and South concourse, with sales ending at the under 12:00 minute time out of the second half.

In addition, Patriot Club donors with passes to either the Green or Gold Room will now be able to exit those areas and carry one beer or wine with them when departing for their seats after pregame and halftime.

If you have family or friends who are students please be aware that alcoholic beverages are prohibited in the student section.

Monumental Sports & Entertainment, the Arena’s longtime management company, and manager of Capital One Arena, has served alcohol at events at EagleBank Arena for more than 20 years. Sodexo, the Arena’s food and beverage company, requires specific alcohol awareness training for their staff and follows strict “Drinking Responsibly” guidelines, fan management protocols, and educational awareness.

Looking forward to seeing you at the games.

Go Patriots!

Brad Edwards
Assistant Vice President and Director of Athletics

JPgmuswim

Starter
I love this and have been pushing for this for years.

Next step, get a local brewery on board to brand some beer to be sold at EBA with a portion of the proceeds going towards the athletic department.

I know there’s a brewery in Sterling that has a beer that uses honey from Mason.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
James Madison University has an official beer...
1636721071275.jpeg