Baseball!

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I didn't play baseball at Mason... only from tee-ball through high school/American Legion. So I can't speak from experience like you can. But nonetheless, I'm with you on this. If teams are crap at protecting their signs, then you'd be an idiot to not use that to your advantage. I never had technology at my disposal, but I'd be lying if I said we didn't prey on third base coaches who only gave like 4 or 5 signs at a time and didn't mix them up well enough to hide their indicator. I was a catcher and I still remember a game in which I threw out every single person who attempted to steal because their manager couldn't have made their indicator more obvious. We knew everything they were supposed to do when it was called - be it a steal, bunt, hit and run... whatever. And to make matters worse, the idiot never wised up and thought to change his indicator mid-game.

So yeah... maybe it's an old-school mentality, but sign stealing like this is just part of the game. I draw the line at installing cameras beyond the center field wall though.
Agreed. Sign stealing is a time honored practice. Just no technology allowed. It's a matter of being smarter than your opponent.

OP
P

phoenix-arizona

All-American
I am enjoying the women's game. I haven't really watched much softball before but I appreciate the speed and pace of the game. Fast moving and only 7 innings. I will have to watch more of it in the future.

Cool seeing the CAA making such a deep run.

Last edited:

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
‘His name is Sang. He is a pitcher.’ A family’s American dream, their unbearable loss

Article on the Athletic.com on Sang Ho Baek

OP
P

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Baseball is a thing that starts this weekend.

The Patriots begin the new season with a season-high seven straight games on the road from Feb. 18 through Feb. 27. George Mason plays its first series of the 2022 campaign with three games against Wofford in Spartanburg, S.C. (Feb. 18-20).

Here's to a productive season and .500 record or above in the A10.

BBride

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
George Mason vs Maryland 3/30/22 photo link

First time shooting Mason Baseball. As soon as my son's high school soccer season ends I will be back out there as I really had a great time at Spuhler Field.

I know @MasonFanatic is a baseball fan and hope to see him and others out there as the season goes on.

Maryland%20at%20George%20Mason%203-30-22_39.JPG

Maryland%20at%20George%20Mason%203-30-22_45.JPG

Maryland%20at%20George%20Mason%203-30-22_142.JPG

Maryland%20at%20George%20Mason%203-30-22_42.JPG