2023 Recruiting

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Here are some of the key names to know for the 2023 class. I included the social handles for those who are active on twitter. Please engage with these guys (in a non-creepy way.) Follow and engage with @GMURecruiting too while you're at it.

DeShawn Harris-Smith - SG - 6'4 - Paul VI (VA) - @thatdogdeshawn

Amani Hansberry - F - 6'8 - Mount St. Joseph's (MD) - @igb_Amani

Rich Barron - CG - 6'5 - St. Ignatius (IL) - @richardbarron_

Carlton Carrington - CG - 6'3 - St. Frances (MD)

Mike Williams - SG - 6'4 - Bishop Walsh (MD)

Harris-Smith, Hansberry, and Carrington are all consensus Top150 players. Barron is widely considered one of the best prep players in Chicago, and recently took a visit to Illinois. Mike Williams unofficially visited back in September. His offers include Houston, Maryland, and LSU.

Last edited:

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
For those interested, and available to watch: Mike Williams (2023 Priority) will be playing with Bishop Walsh tomorrow on ESPN+ at 1pm. Nice little appetizer prior to our 2pm tip. He wears #5.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Hayfield is a 20 minute drive from EBA? Low level of effort to see a local kid that may or may not be a fit, IMO

Yeah, the tweet says “came to see,” not offered.

Hayfield is 28-0 and beat South County by 22 points. They’re playing Fairfax in the regional championship tomorrow.

DRK331

Starter
We need to take pictures like this with our trophies with our coaches and recruits:

Duke is the gold standard in college basketball, we need to be more like them.

I've seen our social media team take pictures of our new recruits like Devin Dinkins in Washington DC, which is great, but we should take pics of them with our trophies too. Sure we might not have as many trophies as Duke does, but still.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Barron plays in the state semi’s tomorrow against the local catholic school in my area who I dislike. In Illinois, public and private schools play in the same conferences, so this school gets to recruit all the talent in the Springfield area while all the other schools in the conference are public. Another reason why illinois sucks, but at least I’m not bitter about it.

Hopefully Barron goes for 50 and they win in a laugher. At least the private schools up in Chicago have competition for recruiting players.

Hayfield's Jones landed an offer from American.

I like that we're on some local public school kids. Offered Braddock's Jamie Kaiser (before he went to Ireton) and showing interest in Jones.

Both have DI size and Jones is a good passer and can shoot and defend, and play above the rim. He had 23 in the state title win over Battlefield.

L had some varying luck with local public school 2/3's like Davis and Anderson, maybe Jones is another one. His name certainly fits in with ubiquitous other names like Davis and Anderson.

Definitely one to monitor, at least. DP's strategy of unearthing kids before they get recognition obviously paid dividends on occasion...

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Carlton Carrington has been invited to the USA Men’s Junior National Team minicamp.

Bryson Tucker, too, but we’re not getting him lol.