NIL Thread

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
We are going to create hoodies for winter!
How about zip ups or quarter zips for us older fans? Hoodies don't age well when you're on Medicare.
Also, I agree with Walter about the #rockwithus thing.
Please don't take these as complaints, but rather suggestions that might expand your sales.
Bottom line though, I think what you are doing is great! Thanks!

How about zip ups or quarter zips for us older fans? Hoodies don't age well when you're on Medicare.
Also, I agree with Walter about the #rockwithus thing.
Please don't take these as complaints, but rather suggestions that might expand your sales.
Bottom line though, I think what you are doing is great! Thanks!
Yes, we will offer zip-ups as well!

The team decided on the #rockwithus, but we are able to create more designs and get approval from the team. We'd like to do a game designs as well for highly ranked teams or rivalries.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Yes, we will offer zip-ups as well!

The team decided on the #rockwithus, but we are able to create more designs and get approval from the team. We'd like to do a game designs as well for highly ranked teams or rivalries.
Thanks! Man, you guys are starting off like gang busters! Well done!!

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
@Print4Players
i sent this to Josh a week or two ago

can you take this and convert it it to a basketball going thru a hoop - keep it assymetrical in design - on the ball add your name, number, class, nickname, etc - but i think it would be illegal to add GMU or Mason without University permission - you can vary the net by design, color and consider a metal out door hoops chain

there is enough color variation and options such that each player can have their own version of this design

1656096857700.png

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
@Print4Players
i sent this to Josh a week or two ago

can you take this and convert it it to a basketball going thru a hoop - keep it assymetrical in design - on the ball add your name, number, class, nickname, etc - but i think it would be illegal to add GMU or Mason without University permission - you can vary the net by design, color and consider a metal out door hoops chain

there is enough color variation and options such that each player can have their own version of this design

View attachment 1390
I’m sorry in advance and this would probably get me banned but who in the hell wants a giant basketball with their name, class year and nickname on it?

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Where's the T-Shirt for Big Jon and Blake?
My understanding is they will not be able to participate. Paraphrasing here, but, federal immigration law restricts people on education visas from earning (except in specific exceptions). So, until the law is changed, those on educational visas will not be able to participate in NIL deals (except for loopholes like deals outside the US, etc.).

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
My understanding is they will not be able to participate. Paraphrasing here, but, federal immigration law restricts people on education visas from earning (except in specific exceptions). So, until the law is changed, those on educational visas will not be able to participate in NIL deals (except for loopholes like deals outside the US, etc.).
Didn’t even think about that. That is pretty f**ked.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Technically they should be able to benefit since they aren’t doing any “work” to have a t-shirt. Oscar Tshiebwe is in the same position and he makes money off of his likeness on t-shirts/apparel. They can’t do endorsements or anything like that though.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Technically they should be able to benefit since they aren’t doing any “work” to have a t-shirt. Oscar Tshiebwe is in the same position and he makes money off of his likeness on t-shirts/apparel. They can’t do endorsements or anything like that though.
I don’t know our players details nor really care but isn’t tshiebwe a US citizen with American legal guardians?

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
The interpretations I have read, said the mere fact that you sign something in the US is considered "work" and could get your Visa revoked. What some are doing to get around it is doing all of their "work" outside the US.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The interpretations I have read, said the mere fact that you sign something in the US is considered "work" and could get your Visa revoked. What some are doing to get around it is doing all of their "work" outside the US.
Usually this is correct. However per the article's headline below, it seems as if exceptions amy be possible but nothing is clear as of right now. I'm sure many agents and schools are pushing for this. Article is relatively recent (March 17th, 2022):

"New NCAA rules let student-athletes earn cash, but foreign players are in limbo"

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Usually this is correct. However per the article's headline below, it seems as if exceptions amy be possible but nothing is clear as of right now. I'm sure many agents and schools are pushing for this. Article is relatively recent (March 17th, 2022):

"New NCAA rules let student-athletes earn cash, but foreign players are in limbo"

That is one of the main articles I had read. For clarification of everyone else, this issue with F 1 visa's and NIL has nothing to do with the NCAA. This is related to federal immigration law and involves the schools because the school is involved in compliance efforts. Because the situation is unclear, most F 1 visa students are playing it safe until the Biden administration issues some sort of clarification on the topic.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
My order of two shirts arrived today — I think they are pretty decent quality for what they are. Hope a lot of folks participate in this and show support to the players, would be really cool to see EBA full of these for a blackout night.

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

a breakdown by sport, division level, conference then school would be nice