GMU only had 10 players warming up
I remember seeing 14 or 15 players during Madness
I was expecting 12 as one player is coming from Australia in January

Maryland warms up12

8 students in the student section

I see a lot of red in the stands
Maryland offered these tix at $8.50
GMU price was $10

Looks like the band is bigger in number as they now stretch across the 2 lower sections

I see 3 players not in uniform, Including the grad transfer Co captain

Maryland definitely has a size advantage

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Down 39-17 at the half
GMU is getting shots but missing
And our Frontline can't stop theirs

BBride

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
1.jpg
2 .jpg
3 .jpg

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Final: We lost 51-88.

Since we seem to be in the grasping at straws to find silver linings in our program these days, I'll point out that the last time we played, we lost 90-40 on 12/8/2012. So, that is an improvement of sorts...

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Maryland is a Top 20 team
I expected GMU to be outmatched at every position on the court

it was made worse by the Grad Transfer Co-captain not being on the court
I am hoping for better results as the injured players return, the player from Australia shows up in January, and as we play non top 50 teams

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
1/3 of the way thru the regular season
the women's team find themselves in a 4 way tie for 5th place

I dont expect a top 4 finish
but they should finish in the top 1/2 of the league

8-2 at home

mason89

Starter
Watched the game against GW and they didn't look half bad. Good defense, but it's the shooting that gets us in trouble sometimes.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Watched the game against GW and they didn't look half bad. Good defense, but it's the shooting that gets us in trouble sometimes.
Only saw most of the second half. We looked good in the 3d quarter and ran up a big lead. Which was fortunate as we just looked like we were running out the clock and as a consequence let GW back in the game.
What happened that Blair drew a technical foul? She didn't seem all that overtly expressive when it was called.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Only saw most of the second half. We looked good in the 3d quarter and ran up a big lead. Which was fortunate as we just looked like we were running out the clock and as a consequence let GW back in the game.
What happened that Blair drew a technical foul? She didn't seem all that overtly expressive when it was called.
That was right after one off the GW players mugged one of our players at the other end (knocked her to the ground), and then right after that, If I recall correctly, they called some ticky tack foul on us on our end. Looked like the coach made a comment as the ref walked by and she was immediately whistled for a technical.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
The win against GW was great, especially since we just lost one of our starting players, Riley Childs, for the rest of the season. She suffered a knee injury in the previous home game and it looked bad when it happened. Sad for her that it has ended her college career (if my eligibility math is correct).

The women's team has been fun to watch this year. The win over GW had them tie both their total season wins and A10 wins of last season, with a decent amount of the season left still. Coach Blair seems to have turned things around a little at this point.