2022-2023 Conference Schedule

tblack33

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
A loss sure but they are also in the discussion for an at-large almost every year. Smart scheduling helps keep you there. I would expect us to do the same.
This is spot on. If winning games is factor 1 for getting a bid, smart scheduling is 1A. We need to be positioning ourselves for a minimum top 100 NET score each year, including scheduling tough road games that we’ll probably lose (Kansas last year almost single handedly kept our NET respectable)

OP
jessej

jessej

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I dont know this as a fact
just repeating what i was told

VCU used to play GWU home and away
as the GWU program went downhill, VCU asked the A-10 conference to only play 1 game per season vs GWU
why? becaause their poor record was hurting their SOS and hurting their chances for post season play

KAOriginal

All-American
They are Top 50 in Div 1 win % since like 2015 or something....along with Dayton, St.B and Loyola Chicago.

Have to protect your program lol....

tblack33

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I liked this, but I'm still glad to be in the A-10. I mean, have you seen the CAA lately?
CAA is on a down swing I don’t think they can pull out of. Falling dangerously close towards that low major line.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I liked this, but I'm still glad to be in the A-10. I mean, have you seen the CAA lately?

The A10 has a similar footprint anyway:

Northeastern —> UMass, URI
Hofstra —> Fordham
Drexel, Delaware —> La Salle, St. Joes
GMU, JMU, VCU, ODU —> GMU, GW, VCU, Richmond
UNCW —> Davidson

That’s 10 of 12 teams all in the relatively similar media footprints.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Kim said last week we have a game against a future Big XII opponent. That’s gotta be UCF, BYU, Cincinnati, or Houston.

tblack33

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Kim said last week we have a game against a future Big XII opponent. That’s gotta be UCF, BYU, Cincinnati, or Houston.
Yeah I heard that in the pod as well, thought it was a little unclear if he was talking about this season or next though.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yeah I heard that in the pod as well, thought it was a little unclear if he was talking about this season or next though.
He also said it's a current AAC team, so that eliminates BYU.

As far as I know, it's a game for this season. But these things are very fluid until the ink dries on the contracts.

OP
jessej

jessej

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
guesses for the 4 home and home
VCU, Richmond, GWU, and ?
Davidson
(map doesnt include Chicago)

1656340835347.png

Masonfan3

Sixth Man

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
That sucks. I want to play GW, UR, VCU and Davidson twice every year.

tblack33

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We got a bit shafted on this. Conference doing the right thing setting up it’s perceived top 3 though.

THANK YOU!

Our donors make all of this possible! Thank you for your continued support of MasonHoops, we couldn't do it without you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jtothep