2020-21 A10 Commissioner's Honor Roll

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"NEWPORT NEWS, VA. – The Atlantic 10 Conference announced Monday that 3,849 student-athletes received Commissioner's Honor Roll distinction in the 2020-21 academic year. The increase of 84 honorees over the 2019-20 is impressive given that student-athletes had additional academic challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

George Mason had the second-most honorees behind Massachusetts (333) with a department record 332 student-athletes honored, topping last year's record of 315. Fordham was third with 319 student-athletes honored, and Davidson (312) was fourth. Mason had 218 student-athletes with a 3.5 GPA or better and 23 with a 4.0 GPA."

"Designed to recognize excellence in the classroom, a student-athlete in an Atlantic 10-sponsored sport must have a 3.0 GPA for the academic year to be selected for the Commissioner's Honor Roll. Freshmen and graduate students are eligible to receive the award."

Anthony Wilson
Jordan Miller
Lysander Rehnstrom
Gregory Calixte
Otis Frazier
Tyler Kolek
Jackson Nichols
Jamal Hartwell
Malik Henry
Chance Konnor
Mehki McCray
Joshua Oduro
Javon Greene
Ronald Polite

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

"NEWPORT NEWS, VA. – The Atlantic 10 Conference announced Monday that 3,849 student-athletes received Commissioner's Honor Roll distinction in the 2020-21 academic year. The increase of 84 honorees over the 2019-20 is impressive given that student-athletes had additional academic challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

George Mason had the second-most honorees behind Massachusetts (333) with a department record 332 student-athletes honored, topping last year's record of 315. Fordham was third with 319 student-athletes honored, and Davidson (312) was fourth. Mason had 218 student-athletes with a 3.5 GPA or better and 23 with a 4.0 GPA."

"Designed to recognize excellence in the classroom, a student-athlete in an Atlantic 10-sponsored sport must have a 3.0 GPA for the academic year to be selected for the Commissioner's Honor Roll. Freshmen and graduate students are eligible to receive the award."

Anthony Wilson
Jordan Miller
Lysander Rehnstrom
Gregory Calixte
Otis Frazier
Tyler Kolek
Jackson Nichols
Jamal Hartwell
Malik Henry
Chance Konnor
Mehki McCray
Joshua Oduro
Javon Greene
Ronald Polite
10 of 12 scholarship MBB players … pretty freaking impressive

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Anthony Wilson
Jordan Miller
Lysander Rehnstrom
Gregory Calixte
Otis Frazier
Tyler Kolek
Jackson Nichols
Jamal Hartwell
Malik Henry
Chance Konnor
Mehki McCray
Joshua Oduro
Javon Greene
Ronald Polite
Ok, I'm going to throw out an old guy question. (And btw, I did thumbs up the post) I wonder how many of those guys are majoring in sports management or a "studies" program, as opposed to a real major?

Masonfan3

Starter
Ok, I'm going to throw out an old guy question. (And btw, I did thumbs up the post) I wonder how many of those guys are majoring in sports management or a "studies" program, as opposed to a real major?
I am guessing a lot of them probably do major in Sports Management because their passion/interest is Sports. I am also guessing that you have no clue about about a Sports Management major. I have a degree in Sports Management from Mason and also a minor in Business. The majority of the courses we took were almost identical to my Business minor courses and also to my roommates who were majoring in Marketing/Business/Economics.. The only difference is the case studies/text books are written towards business in the sports industry. Also, like Jim said "honor roll is honor roll" and I will never criticize another Student Athlete who thrives in the classroom and is able to manage their time between their sport and their studies.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
If you are really curious do a little research. Gomason.com has player profile pages, they might include information about majors.