• IMG_1132.jpeg
    IMG_1132.jpeg
    282.7 KB · Views: 37,959
Last edited by a moderator:

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Decent depth signing here. Not expecting massive contributions from him so will be pleasantly surprised with whatever we can squeeze out of his minutes. We’re hitting the point soon where we just need warm bodies to fill out the roster for this year, organized summer workouts started this week.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Another veteran player added to the roster. Gonna be fun watching Polite, Wood and DD battle it out for playing time next season.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Almost feels like we've come to a complete circle. I like it. We needed depth at the PG position. After Ronnie (who's prone to injury), all we have is Dinkins. In the A10, you almost always need two ball handlers on the court at the same time. Also the fact that this is Wood's 5th year, it won't hurt our recruiting for PG's in the 2024 Class.

Last edited:
OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Almost feels like we've come to a complete circle. I like it. We needed depth at the PG position. After Ronnie (who's prone to injury), all we have is Dinkins. In the A10, you almost always need two ball handlers on the court at the same time. Also the fact that this is Wood's 5th year, it won't hurt our recruiting for PG's in the 2024 Class.
Correct. We'll see where we go for the 24 class at PG. We might have an new PG group all together. Too early to tell.

For now, we got what I (and many folks) have wanted for a long time. The capable 3rd PG who provides depth and gives Ronny a chance to breathe.

GMU1983

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I cannot believe it good depth signing I remember when we just missed on him...great comments above!!

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Staff has been after experienced backcourt depth for a while now. Thought they had a couple of guys but they didn't end up working out. Kept working relationships to be able to land Tre, credit to Lamar. Really solid pickup at this stage in the game.

Roster stands at 11, with 2 to go. Adding some youth is now the goal.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I hope we score two more freshmen. Need to build for the future. Next year will be interesting to say the least. I'm interested to see how it all shakes out. Time, as always, will answer that.

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I hope we score two more freshmen. Need to build for the future. Next year will be interesting to say the least. I'm interested to see how it all shakes out. Time, as always, will answer that.
I don't disagree, but until covid years are done, rosters are really going to be built year to year. And if the sit rule when transferring is never changed, the rosters may never be the same year to year.

But yeah, we'll see what happens. It would be nice to have 2 or 3 or 4 guys who can last and develop for at least a few years. Even if it isn't 4 years, 2 or 3 years would be nice. Makes it a little more fun to root for a guy who finishes their full career at Mason.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I don't disagree, but until covid years are done, rosters are really going to be built year to year. And if the sit rule when transferring is never changed, the rosters may never be the same year to year.

But yeah, we'll see what happens. It would be nice to have 2 or 3 or 4 guys who can last and develop for at least a few years. Even if it isn't 4 years, 2 or 3 years would be nice. Makes it a little more fun to root for a guy who finishes their full career at Mason.

Other than Kelly and now Wood everyone on the roster has at least 2 years of eligibility left. Provided Newton, Maddox, Henry, and Polite all stick around for their COVID year we will have solid roster continuity going into Skinn’s second season as coach.

FreeGunston12

All-American
Thought this signing might happen. Just makes too much sense.

Not sure how we could possibly find good incoming freshmen this late. If the shift has focused to bringing in younger players for these last two spots, I am keeping my eye on those JUCO freshmen.

Given our depth, I think it might also make some sense to bring Nnaji back and plan to redshirt him. That ship may have sailed though.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Not sure how we could possibly find good incoming freshmen this late. If the shift has focused to bringing in younger players for these last two spots, I am keeping my eye on those JUCO freshmen.

Given our depth, I think it might also make some sense to bring Nnaji back and plan to redshirt him. That ship may have sailed though.
We are still involved with Olayinka.

Nnaji visiited Cal Poly yesterday and looked happy in his photo