Welcome Saquan Singleton!

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
“George Mason is a great school,” he said. “(The) coaches and players treated me like family since they started recruiting me. ... Coach English was great throughout the recruitment. He’s a great guy and is well dedicated to this game. We both feel like we relate to each other in many ways. He was a college player at a high level and he went pro so he knows what it takes to get there.”

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I was a little leery when this signing was first announced and I looked at his stats last year, but didn't say anything because I don't like to be internet anonymous criticizing 17-22 y/o kids I've never met.

But digging in some more, I've gotten much more excited. The year before his numbers were very solid, especially when adapting to D1 ball. I also hadn't realized he'd had the heart conditions and that feels like it'd be a major contributing factor to the slump. That's still a bit of a concern, but trust the staff to have checked that out and cleared it.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I was a little leery when this signing was first announced and I looked at his stats last year, but didn't say anything because I don't like to be internet anonymous criticizing 17-22 y/o kids I've never met.

But digging in some more, I've gotten much more excited. The year before his numbers were very solid, especially when adapting to D1 ball. I also hadn't realized he'd had the heart conditions and that feels like it'd be a major contributing factor to the slump. That's still a bit of a concern, but trust the staff to have checked that out and cleared it.
I also liked that there was a connection from someone on the New Mexico staff to English who probably recommended Saquan as part of that homework. Those connections usually end up in some of the best talent whether under the radar or not.

Very excited to see him part of the puzzle, just anxious to see who rounds out the remaining 2 scholarships.