Goodbye Ronald Polite

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
View: https://twitter.com/3BidLeaguePod/status/1697606337608212913

3 Bid League
@3BidLeaguePod

NEW EPISODE: We are joined by @MasonMBB point guard Ronald Polite III to talk about his decision to return to George Mason, improving his game, becoming a leader and more Then, we mock up schedules for what ESPN should pick for #FridA10

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
A few senior day thoughts..

I know the sentiments about Ronny are well well documented on this board for the last 4 years. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

But I just want to say that for me it was awesome watching Ronny develop and be loyal through 3 different coaches. I dont' think he got to where he wanted to as a player and he definitely struggled with some injuries, but he definitely had some solid moments when he was able to contribute. At times it was hard when we put so much on him, but there were times that he shined and really stepped up for us.

It has been awesome to root for Ronny and if this is his last home game, it's been a ton of fun. I don't expect to see many kids as loyal to a program as a guy like Ronny or Malik have been.

FreeGunston12

All-American
Ronnie seemed to have some extra pep in his step yesterday. I know he didn't have the best game as far as stats go yesterday, but he looked to be moving better and more explosively. He shot and attacked the rim with more confidence. Was it just the energy of senior night? Did coming off the bench help him have fresh legs when others were tired? Is he just getting healthier?

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Ronnie seemed to have some extra pep in his step yesterday. I know he didn't have the best game as far as stats go yesterday, but he looked to be moving better and more explosively. He shot and attacked the rim with more confidence. Was it just the energy of senior night? Did coming off the bench help him have fresh legs when others were tired? Is he just getting healthier?

From what I surmise, Ronnie had a hip injury that never returned to 100%. Certainly, the rest he received from his ankle injury helped his ever-ailing hip. GO RONNIE!

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
From what I surmise, Ronnie had a hip injury that never returned to 100%. Certainly, the rest he received from his ankle injury helped his ever-ailing hip. GO RONNIE!
He had hip surgery a few years ago. Think it was between year 1 and 2 of Kim.

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Ronnie was very easy to root for. Good kid who always had a great attitude. The steal against Dayton, the 3 against Richmond, and maybe his biggest contribution was generating enough hate from that Sleeperpick tool that it finally got him off these boards. Hope he has a great Covid year somewhere.

The official end to what is maybe one of the bigger "what if he hadn't gotten hurt" players in Mason history. Showed incredible speed in his freshman year under Paulsen that was obviously hampered by his major hip surgery and multiple ankle issues. Somedays looked like the guy and other days was the most frustrating player on the court. But he loved Mason, played his heart out and gave us four generally fun years of basketball.

Good stuff.

OP
Falco

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
What a stud. Best of luck Ronnie.

I have a feeling Ronnie wasn’t playing at 100% last season. If he can hey back to 100% health, he’s going he unstoppable in the SoCon.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I wonder if Simpkins or Paulsen tried to pursue Ronnie or Malik. I didn't see either Holy Cross of American associated with either of them. No idea what the open scholorship situations are like at either school. But I feel like Ronnie and Malik would do well in the Patriot League.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I wonder if Simpkins or Paulsen tried to pursue Ronnie or Malik. I didn't see either Holy Cross of American associated with either of them. No idea what the open scholorship situations are like at either school. But I feel like Ronnie and Malik would do well in the Patriot League.
I’m guessing that he had some lower to low mid major options, and maybe UNCG was the best opportunity overall. I have no insight but have to think something drew him in. Doesn’t really matter though.