Welcome Ronald Polite

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
As posted via tweet from By George, a feature from June:
"“I’m really cool, I just like chilling with my friends”, the 6’2” guard said after scoring 31 points in an overtime win against Georgetown Prep on Friday night. Polite, who is averaging 28 PPG this summer, says when he’s not training for basketball, he enjoys listening to music, playing video games, and of course, rocking skinny jeans."

https://www.capitolhoopssummerleague.com/news_article/show/1027544

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I rock skinny jeans too and my daughters HATE them (good thing they don't know about the Hate thread). I don't think they are that skinny, though. They certainly aren't dad jeans....

Congrats to the staff on getting the committment.

Herndon

All-Conference
We may have an all DMV team soon.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I love it :) Seems like it took Paulsen a couple years to get a foothold in the area, but he feel comfortable with local kids now.

Makes the team so much more fun to root for

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This still drives me nuts. Wasn't it a hell of a lot harder to recruit at Bucknell? How is he getting zero kids from where he used to have success?

Bryson Johnson is from Canada — Daddy Haidara is from Canada

Mike Muscala is from Minnesota — Goanar Mar is from Minnesota

Otis was from Jersey

Calixte and JDS are from New York

But look, the DC area is talent rich. If you can’t recruit your own backyard with the amount of talent there, what’s the point?

Also, looking at his rosters over the last few years at Bucknell, the most represented states are New Jersey and Pennsylvania followed by the Midwestern states Michigan, Illinois, Minnesota.

So that would be Otis (New Jersey), Grayer (Michigan), Dixon (Michigan), and Newman (Michigan).

I'm surprised we haven't seen anyone from Pennsylvania (considering his old ties to the state plus the Philly and Pittsburgh markets the A-10 is in).

Last edited:

masonjoe

Starter
Bryson Johnson is from Canada — Daddy Haidara is from Canada

Mike Muscala is from Minnesota — Goanar Mar is from Minnesota

Otis was from Jersey

Calixte and JDS are from New York

But look, the DC area is talent rich. If you can’t recruit your own backyard with the amount of talent there, what’s the point?

Yeah I get it , but I would have thought the upgrade in conference would have helped poar gasoline on the fire. JDS is the only recruit that supports your reply

Herndon

All-Conference

To me, that's sort of the beginning and end of it. Our region is probably the single most talent rich area in the country (you could make arguments for NYC/CHI/LA/ATL).

Of the top 80 2020 recruits, 10 are from an area between Hampton Roads and Baltimore (aka, a couple hour drive, aka where we ought to be able to recruit from with some name recognition).

Now, we're not recruiting top 80 recruits, but that talent distribution carries to our level, as well.

We OUGHT to be recruiting our region pretty heavily, as it's the most efficient use of recruiting resources.

This is from Paulsen's introductory press conference:

"We are in the footprint of some of the very best high school students that this country has to offer and we are in the footprint of some of the very best high school basketball players that his country has to offer."

Well, a kid like Polite, who is averaging 28 this summer, and has look from ivy league schools sounds like exactly what Paulsen was envisioning when he took the job.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Except we arent going far with Ivy league level talent.

Herndon

All-Conference
Except we arent going far with Ivy league level talent.

Meh. In paulsen's 4 years, our conference finish has been
T-7

If and when we stop improving, we can make statements about where we're going. Until such time, where we're going is exactly in the right direction.

patriotchild

Starter
Meh. In paulsen's 4 years, our conference finish has been
T-7

If and when we stop improving, we can make statements about where we're going. Until such time, where we're going is exactly in the right direction.

Yeah this is a good point. Unless the new administration has a different perspective for sports, I figure if we stay 7 or above with an occasional top 4 finish paulsen will be around for a while.

Im hoping a slightly better level of recruiting should lock us into that since he’s done well with almost nothing. And then over time, like with L, the caliber of athlete should improve.