Welcome Peter Oduro

Junkees9

Sixth Man
Based on the coach's show last night, he has a scholarship since coach said we have 3 left to fill. Two of the five available have been filled by Bailey and P. Oduro. Coach's comments sure made it seem like Nnaji is a clear target for one of those three, as has been posted elsewhere.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Based on the coach's show last night, he has a scholarship since coach said we have 3 left to fill. Two of the five available have been filled by Bailey and P. Oduro. Coach's comments sure made it seem like Nnaji is a clear target for one of those three, as has been posted elsewhere.

Didn't notice any mention by CKE about Bailey on last night's show..did I miss it?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Staff had a Zoom meeting with Elvis yesterday. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t wind up committing to Mason.

Junkees9

Sixth Man
Coach seemed to mention Bailey without actually mentioning his name. I assume he can't say anything until everything becomes official. But it sure sounded like Bailey was the guy about whom he was talking.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"Oduro is the brother of Mason rising senior forward Josh Oduro. They will be the first brothers to compete on the same Mason team since Mark Schultz and Steve Schultz in 1977-78."

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Recall reading something where Peter said he’s better than Josh was at the same age … if that’s true and he works as hard as Josh has, we’ll all be thrilled that the staff has offered him despite having almost no other D-I interest.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Recall reading something where Peter said he’s better than Josh was at the same age … if that’s true and he works as hard as Josh has, we’ll all be thrilled that the staff has offered him despite having almost no other D-I interest.
and it likely holds Josh to GMU for at least the 22-23 season

maybe if Peter does well and becomes a rotation player or even starter Josh comes back to play his Covid year??

Dawgs99

Starter
If he was better than Josh at the same age he wouldn't have played public school ball all the way through HS.

Junkees9

Sixth Man
Reasonable discussion, but I think we can all agree our short-term future (i.e., the next 2 years) hinges on other players, including two guys whom we hope will fill our remaining scholarship slots with top notch talent.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
If he was better than Josh at the same age he wouldn't have played public school ball all the way through HS.
I don’t mind Peter thinking that though … rather have a guy who is confident in his own abilities than moping around like Eeyore. It will all play out in time on the court regardless.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I actually don’t remember him saying he was better than Josh right now, but that he was going to be better than him when he’s done playing.
Well I am getting up there in years so it’s certainly possible I misremembered

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I think it was a story that @gmubrian told. I think he met Peter at an event and something came up where Peter said "oh I'm better than Josh" or "I'll be better than Josh".

Something like that.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I think it was a story that @gmubrian told. I think he met Peter at an event and something came up where Peter said "oh I'm better than Josh" or "I'll be better than Josh".

Something like that.
You are correct. Here is the post:
I haven't seen him play at all, but I got to talk to Peter for a good amount of time at the pregame event before our A10 tournament game. It was a blast talking to him. He, absolutely, has the right attitude. He definitely has the tenacious, killer type mentality. If he has skills anywhere close to Josh, he will be a great asset. I loved his response when I asked him if it gets old always having to be compared to or talk about his brother and he responded "I am going to be better". You have to love that type of attitude.