Welcome Otis III

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
For those who are video highlight junkies, if you can post some good ones in this thread so we can project whether he will be A10 player of the year that would be great. ;)

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I don’t hate this. I don’t think he’s going to have an impact this year, but I do think he has some upside in a couple of years. FWIW from what I’ve seen from his videos he looks better than Daddy, but I don’t think he’ll see a ton of minutes this year barring multiple injuries.

I stand by my Deandre Abram comparison, project guy with solid upside down the road. Welcome to Fairfax, hopefully you come in and crush it.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
What I see

Range- he took some threes (deep ones), and made them. Seems like he has a nice shot, good mechanics. Definitely can be used. Him and Kolek definitely will be nice shooting competition for each other.
Athleticism- at 6’6 he has a make of a guard, the height of a forward. I can see him playing the 2 or the three, or even the 4 if needed. Put him with Jordan miller and Malik Henry and you have some real good athleticism with some good size. He definitely fits in with the profile Dave has gone after the last few years.
Motor- if I’m not mistaken he had a block on a fastbreak, anyone who’s 6’6 and can run the floor definitely can be a horse.

the year of prep school should really help him adjust. I expect him to be ready for d1 when he plays.

not sure if they promised/expect him to play right away or if he’s going to be a redshirt candidate. Either way he should be a good one.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I don’t hate this. I don’t think he’s going to have an impact this year, but I do think he has some upside in a couple of years. FWIW from what I’ve seen from his videos he looks better than Daddy, but I don’t think he’ll see a ton of minutes this year barring multiple injuries.

I stand by my Deandre Abram comparison, project guy with solid upside down the road. Welcome to Fairfax, hopefully you come in and crush it.

Otis is already ahead of Abram in one important area: He’s a willing and active defender. DeAndre couldn’t guard his Fing shadow.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We didn’t know who this kid was until last week and now he’s a willing and active defender and a three point shooter off of a highlight tape... you guys are nuts

welcome to Mason Otis. Please be athletic as we hope you are.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
We didn’t know who this kid was until last week and now he’s a willing and active defender and a three point shooter off of a highlight tape... you guys are nuts

I mean I just went off the video haha

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Im just happy we filled out the roster. I really didn’t think we were going to this year. This is the year of no excuses, so if this is Dave’s best option with that last scholly let’s see what happens.

I’m happy to have a little more depth at that position and if Daddy is a bust then it’ll be good to have another body with 5 fouls.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm excited. There's some insanely athletic stuff in his highlights. St. Bonaventure was heavily recruiting him before he decided to go to prep school. And it feels good to beat UMass out for a kid. Even if he ends up redshirting, having another body in practice is better than leaving the scholarship open.