Welcome Malik Henry

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I think every guard on our Final 4 team learned how to throw an alley-oop to Gabe Norwood. Passing it is the relatively easy part. The harder part is drawing up the play that involves a post player setting a high screen on the guy covering the guy who dunks it. In the Gabe scenario, it was often Will Thomas who would step up to the FT line to create the pick, thereby opening up backdoor cut to the basket.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I think every guard on our Final 4 team learned how to throw an alley-oop to Gabe Norwood. Passing it is the relatively easy part. The harder part is drawing up the play that involves a post player setting a high screen on the guy covering the guy who dunks it. In the Gabe scenario, it was often Will Thomas who would step up to the FT line to create the pick, thereby opening up backdoor cut to the basket.

Gabe was coming from the 3 spot, but I feel like having Miller and AJ on the floor at the same time would allow you to interchange and have one screen for the other...or screen off of Oduro...and the really nice thing about that is all three of them can make that mid-range shot if the screen doesn't work and they track the cutter.

JPgmuswim

Starter
Would be nice if Malik could convince his buddy Duncan Powell to join him at Mason.

Duncan is a 4 star from Texas that just decommited from Arkansas. Holds a bunch of offers, one from SLU. Class of 21’

FreeGunston12

All-American
Gabe was coming from the 3 spot, but I feel like having Miller and AJ on the floor at the same time would allow you to interchange and have one screen for the other...or screen off of Oduro...and the really nice thing about that is all three of them can make that mid-range shot if the screen doesn't work and they track the cutter.
I agree, but I won't look forward to it until I see DP run a play or motion (besides rolling after a handoff) designed to get a 4/5 the ball near the basket.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Looking at some of the recent photos English has posted of the team practices Henry looks to already be adding a bit of weight and getting stronger. A full off-season of workouts might just do him wonders.

emjayar08

Sixth Man
If we're looking at the same pic, he also looks taller than Oduro. But I think Oduro is slouching. Don't care, marking Henry down as 6'10" now! /s
Screenshot 2021-04-19 144423.jpg

Last edited:

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If we're looking at the same pic, he also looks taller than Oduro. But I think Oduro is slouching. Don't care, marking Henry down as 6'10" now! /s
Yep that’s the one, watching film of the OKC game.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
6'8" and 6'9" perhaps. Long arms on Henry too. And then add in Jones, plus 6'7" SF and 6'6" guards and can go w/a pretty big lineup if needed.
Gaines being able to guard the 2 is going to wind up being a valuable asset. It will allow KE to slide Schwartz down to the 3 and find minutes for Henry or Jones at the 4. No more having to play small ball as our standard lineup.