Welcome Malik Henry

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I think you're forgetting how often AJ was getting in foul trouble his first 2 years. In conference games both years he averaged 7 fouls per 40 minutes. This year 3.5.
he averaged 1.6 fouls on just over 10 mins played playing out of position at the 5. apples to bananas comparison to this year but ok.

his per 40 fouls was also 5.9 not 7 to be accurate

psyclone

Hall of Famer
he averaged 1.6 fouls on just over 10 mins played playing out of position at the 5. apples to bananas comparison to this year but ok.

his per 40 fouls was also 5.9 not 7 to be accurate

The 5.9 was across ALL games. The 7.0 number is accurate for the conference games both years which is what I indicated. Conference games are hardly a small sample. Obviously he has greatly improved on this metric and not just because he's getting additional minutes.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If AJ was mistreated or upset enough about how he was being coached and developed then he would have left the team. AJ certainly saw first-hand how Marquise Moore and Justin Kier were placed in positions for greater success. AJ bought in to the program and, as his reward, has been placed in prime position to achieve great success. No matter the path taken, those are facts.

The only way that we fans can make suppositions are via observations and assumptions (or by asking AJ directly and him giving you a pertinent answer). There are certain individuals who post on this forum certain opinions over and over and over and over again. Whether we agree or disagree, you have been heard. Your opinions have been acknowledged. In other words, I'm weary of having the same conversations that end up where they began — in a vicious circle.

No matter how opinions lie, the relavent points regarding AJ and his coaching and development have been made. Please, let's move on to bigger and better things and stop beating that poor, deceased horse.

Last edited:

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If AJ was mistreated or upset enough about how he was being coached and developed then he would have left the team. AJ certainly saw first-hand how Marquise Moore' and Justin Kier were placed in positions for greater success. AJ bought in to the program and, as his reward, has been placed in prime position to achieve great success. No matter the path taken, those are facts.

The only way that we fans can make suppositions are via observations and assumptions (or by asking AJ directly and him giving you a pertinent answer). There are certain individuals who post on this forum certain opinions over and over and over and over again. Whether we agree or disagree, you have been heard. Your opinions have been acknowledged. In other words, I'm weary of having the same conversations that end up where they began — in a vicious circle.

No matter how opinions lie, the relavent points regarding AJ and his coaching and development have been made. Please, let's move on to bigger and better things and stop beating that poor, deceased horse.

While I agree, there's no chance it will happen. The horse will be beaten, taken apart, resuscitated, then start all over again. For some, being right is like a drug. Nothing else matters. Even if its to their own demise or at the expense of things they love/support.

We have a "drop the mic" and leave the stage culture. Except in this case no one ever leaves the stage.

Just ignore the repetitive stuff and enjoy the occasional nugget of original thought. It's a long offseason, everyone is at home bored. Let them entertain each other. With the exception of the occassional posting of people's addresses, it's mostly harmless.

Last edited:

ephoops

Starter
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10402386/5e7ce55f176d0c097429577c

Some of the clips may be old but there are a number of things to really like about MH:
  1. Athleticism
  2. Footwork under the basket
  3. He runs the floor well
  4. Good hands catching the ball
  5. He uses both hands around the basket
  6. Good timing on blocking shots
  7. He even appears to have a decent jump shot
He's thin but I'm sure he will fill out over time with work in the weight room.

Herndon

All-Conference

Some of the clips may be old but there are a number of things to really like about MH:
  1. Athleticism
8. Gets off the ground quickly/quick jumper

Mason32

Starter

1. Athleticism

He looks miles ahead where Oduro was before last season, so naturally i assume he will be JDS 2.0

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

1. Athleticism

Completely agree with this. I see AJ Wilson mixed in with Mike Morrison. Explosive athleticism with defensive prowless. Also the ability to make an emphatic dunk which we all love.

I continue to enjoy the improvement in talent that is coming to Mason, I just hope it can help the program win on the court.

Last edited:

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

1. Athleticism

Looks good to me. Lots of fancy high school gyms in his part of Texas.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
We need to practice alley-oops for at least 10 minutes every practice if we're going to roster AJ and Malik.

Our guards need to stop throwing the ball into Row G. Just put it up near the rim and give our guys a chance to go get it.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
and yet the Longview guards seemed to have mastered it
or when they do one and AJ misses the dunk and Paulsen immediately kicks the score board and takes out the person throwing the oop... maybe they are afraid to do it since that seems to be his attitude.

G M U

Starter
If a former player were to come back to campus and teach the perfect execution of an alley-oop pass, who would you want teaching the drill?

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
we
If a former player were to come back to campus and teach the perfect execution of an alley-oop pass, who would you want teaching the drill?
have guys that can throw it down but nobody to pass it currently. Ike Tate threw a good Ally