Goodbye Malik Henry

I'm a big Malik fan. Our section loves it when Malik is in the game because we always get 100% effort out of him. Both on offense and defense. Never could understand why CKE had such a quick hook with Malik. Can't even count the number of times he'd come in, block a shot or grab a rebound and then be down on the fast break for a dunk or offensive board and 10 seconds later CKE had him on the bench. I know folks have said CKE would bench him for missed assignments etc., but for Chrissakes he was instant energy on a team that didn't have much.

Hoping he gets a much larger role and a longer leash under CTS

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Some Senior Day thoughts...

Its been awesome watching Malik for 4 years. He has been a solid role player, thrown down some monster dunks and put in the work. He didn't get off the bench at times but I remember him putting in extra work with Dennis Felton before the Fordham game in 2022.

He has been awesome to root for and a very loyal Patriot. If this is his last home game, its truly been fun rooting for him. Much like I said about Ronny, I don't expect to see many kids who are loyal like him going forward.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Im happy for him. I think Skinn should have used Henry more this season, especially in games where Mason lacked physicality. Hes one tough kid physically and mentally.

I really wish we could have made Malik into a duo with Okie a la Eric Maynor/Larry Sanders of vcu lore.

That pair was unstoppable. Maynor would hop into the paint on a screen at the elbow. Sanders would camp out at the block. If Sanders' defender left him to guard against Maynor's sure lay-in then Maynor sent Sanders an alley-oop. If Sanders' defender stayed on Sanders then Maynor would drop a tear into the bucket. Ohhhhh... I hated those two!

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I really wish we could have made Malik into a duo with Okie a la Eric Maynor/Larry Sanders of vcu lore.

That pair was unstoppable. Maynor would hop into the paint on a screen at the elbow. Sanders would camp out at the block. If Sanders' defender left him to guard against Maynor's sure lay-in then Maynor sent Sanders an alley-oop. If Sanders' defender stayed on Sanders then Maynor would drop a tear into the bucket. Ohhhhh... I hated those two!
I agree I did expect that as well. Unfortunately both Kelly and Malik both got into foul trouble too often. Can’t risk having both boys in foul trouble and having no bigs down the stretch.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I agree I did expect that as well. Unfortunately both Kelly and Malik both got into foul trouble too often. Can’t risk having both boys in foul trouble and having no bigs down the stretch.

Losing Pavrette was more unfortunate than at face value.

I know we really only got to see him in the one exhibition game, but he kind of reminded me of Dayton’s Jack but able to move a little bit better. We could have used that massive body in the middle when Kelly wasn’t on the floor and Malik was unavailable.

illayin

Sixth Man
Losing Pavrette was more unfortunate than at face value.

I know we really only got to see him in the one exhibition game, but he kind of reminded me of Dayton’s Jack but able to move a little bit better. We could have used that massive body in the middle when Kelly wasn’t on the floor and Malik was unavailable.

and somehow he has become a free throw savant in europe lol... 32/39 on the season https://basketball.eurobasket.com/player/Nicolas-Pavrette/529120