Welcome Malik Henry

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I threaded some highlights from the Davidson game and it's mostly Malik and Justyn cooking together. Malik has become an outrageously good rim runner this year - such a fun dimension to bring off the bench. Hope we start to see 10+ minutes of it every game:

View: https://twitter.com/peteybuckets/status/1614659512610295811?t=3XM0MONoOcCvbqTe9RGMZA&s=19
He and Justyn seem to have a lot of chemistry...both have their defensive issues but I loved seeing them together. Just a lot of fun. Maybe proving my theory that CKE's system is altered a bit to account for how good Josh plays as a back-to-the-basket big, and we'd rather be getting more face-up time from our bigs.

smccart5

Starter
We need to really appreciate Malik and his commitment to this program and school. With how easy it is for guys to dart, he is showing demonstrating some real commitment and leadership.

It has been awesome to watch his game grow by leaps and bounds from his freshman year. Really excited to see what he can do next year with big minutes.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
We need to really appreciate Malik and his commitment to this program and school. With how easy it is for guys to dart, he is showing demonstrating some real commitment and leadership.

It has been awesome to watch his game grow by leaps and bounds from his freshman year. Really excited to see what he can do next year with big minutes.
He might be my favorite player. He is such a grinder and team player.

Skinn mentioned he wants to press and play fast. I think Malik might flourish in that type of system. He runs the floor better than any big man.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Skinn mentioned he wants to press and play fast. I think Malik might flourish in that type of system. He runs the floor better than any big man.
You beat me to it. If we really go with a press, Malik would be an ideal big. Long, quick, fast, athletic, and can protect the rim. He would be a nightmare for opposing teams on the defensive end. Major props to him for sticking around! Mad respect young man.

smccart5

Starter
He might be my favorite player. He is such a grinder and team player.

Been thinking the same thing. He has an opportunity for a big year

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
One thing that has been said and I'll say it again, is that Henry put in a ton of work the last few years to get his playing time and become an effective 6'8 big man. He didn't play much for his first few years, but I remember him working out before the Fordham game in 2022 with Felton, working on his post up moves. I wasn't sure he would be anything more than some depth at the 5, and he obviously has become more than that.

I'm looking forward to him becoming even better and expanding his minutes and skillset. We're going to need him up front on both sides of the ball. Hopefully, we also get a transfer big so that he has some help.

Oh, and a ton of credit to him (and Ronny as long as he stays), for staying through not 1 not 2 but his 3rd coaching change to be loyal to the Mason basketball program. That is unique and unheard of. Not bad for a kid who was under recruited, barely played for a few seasons and put in a ton of work.

Also, as if I needed to rave about him more, when he wasn't playing, he was cheering on his teammates and helping everyone be excited for those who were at games sitting behind the bench.

Last edited:

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
One thing that has been said and I'll say it again, is that Henry put in a ton of work the last few years to get his playing time and become an effective 6'8 big man. He didn't play much for his first few years, but I remember him working out before the Fordham game in 2022 with Felton, working on his post up moves. I wasn't sure he would be anything more than some depth at the 5, and he obviously has become more than that.

I'm looking forward to him becoming even better and expanding his minutes and skillset. We're going to need him up front on both sides of the ball. Hopefully, we also get a transfer big so that he has some help.

Oh, and a ton of credit to him (and Ronny as long as he stays), for staying through not 1 not 2 but his 3rd coaching change to be loyal to the Mason basketball program. That is unique and unheard of. Not bad for a kid who was under recruited, barely played for a few seasons and put in a ton of work.

Also, as if I needed to rave about him more, when he wasn't playing, he was cheering on his teammates and helping everyone be excited for those who were at games sitting behind the bench.
Unlike some folks Malik doesn’t just talk about #Mindset, he lives it. His character and leadership by example will be a huge foundation piece for Tony and the new staff to build upon.

Last edited:

illayin

Sixth Man
https://printforplayers.com/collections/malik-henry

Henry has some shirts people can rock if they want to show him some love.

P4P_110821048_003_3001_Black_02_5000x.jpg

Legend has it these two didn't even know each other before meeting each other wearing their Malik Henry t-shirts and now they're happily married. Find the love of your life today in a Malik Henry "BEAST TEXAS" t-shirt.

Seriously though, I'm copping that one.

Last edited: