Welcome Josh Oduro

Herndon

All-Conference
1) Love to keep local kids local
2) Below the rim type, but appears to have soft hands, can finish around the rim with either hand, and can knock down the elbow jumper.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Great to see Paulsen tap into a local kid.

Welcome to Josh!

Like I said in the '19 thread, guy has played with some of the best HS guards in the country and will continue to do so this year. Still has to improve but should be as ready for the pace of the game as any recruit we could possibly get, coming from PVI.

C

Cedric Dempsey

Spectator
Bank on a redshirt developmental season as well. Perfect fit into the process.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The few videos that I've seen, he's not very flashy or explosive. But he's fundamentally great with good size. Goes hard on rebounds and blocks, has good hands to catch a drive and dish with a quick release on a layup. Also seems to have a good mid range. Seems like the perfect player for Paulsen's system.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
In a perfect world, we can continue to make inroads at PVI and have it become somewhat of a pipeline for us - Welcome Josh - now get recruiting!

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Love that he has played for some of the best programs in the country - high school and AAU. He didn't get a ton of minutes for Team Takeover, but practicing/playing with those guys can't be a bad thing.

Didn't seem to be a major option for PVI, but looking at that roster they didn't need him to be. It'll be interesting to see if they plan to use him a bit more offensively this year. His stats and his other offers are jaw dropping, but he could have a big upside. I was impressed with his soft touch around the basket. Needs to get stronger.

I like it.

NewPatriot

Starter
Love that he has played for some of the best programs in the country - high school and AAU. He didn't get a ton of minutes for Team Takeover, but practicing/playing with those guys can't be a bad thing.

Didn't seem to be a major option for PVI, but looking at that roster they didn't need him to be. It'll be interesting to see if they plan to use him a bit more offensively this year. His stats and his other offers are jaw dropping, but he could have a big upside. I was impressed with his soft touch around the basket. Needs to get stronger.

I like it.

I love the fact that we offered him on 8/1 and committed 18 days later. Fits like lock and key. Love it!

Welcome Josh.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I love the fact that we offered him on 8/1 and committed 18 days later. Fits like lock and key. Love it!

Welcome Josh.

The below article was from October 2016... but if looks like the coaching staff has been watching him for while. Oduro is proof that it takes a while to build up relationships with players, coaches and HS and AAU programs. I think we're going to start seeing the fruits of the coaching staff's recruiting labor.

https://www.prephoops.com/2016/10/prospect-spotlight-josh-oduro/
" Oduro claims interest from a handful of division one programs such as Wofford, UMass, and George Mason among others."

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Oduro has made tremendous improvement just since the end of the HS season. He didn’t get to show much of his game at PVI because they are so guard-dominant, but he showed flashes this summer of a guy who can grow into a legit 6-8 stretch 4 with hard work and tutelage from our staff.

Paulsen loves his upside and that is more than good enough for me. Mason’s best teams have been full of underrecruited program players who developed over time. It’s a recipe that works for us.

GMU1983

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I loked at the box scores for Oduro this season and he has to be close to 10 points per game. Most of the games between 10 and 14 point per game. no info on rebounds.

JPgmuswim

Starter
I loked at the box scores for Oduro this season and he has to be close to 10 points per game. Most of the games between 10 and 14 point per game. no info on rebounds.

With our roster and returning all but Otis I would speculate he may be a redshirt candidate next season.