Welcome Josh Oduro

GMU1983

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
That dude was way too nonchalant and didn't do his homework prior to the interview.

He15man

Starter
That dude was way too nonchalant and didn't do his homework prior to the interview.
That was clear in the first minute when he said "we only thought this would happen with players from the 'big time,' household name schools." Ignorant comment. Just another media guy with Power 5 blinders on.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Good for Josh but I find the "Josh is not getting paid by boosters" comment hilarious. Kathy McKay is one of the most generous donors to the Athletic Department. This is happening all of the country and is just a way for boosters to pay kids legally now.
Actually she is our No. 1 donor by a wide margin. We need many more people with her generosity and commitment if Mason is going to compete seriously in the NIL game

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
What is stopping us from doing a Masonhoops fundraiser and taking the money raised and giving it to a player in exchange for wearing a Masonhoops.com shirt in post game press conferences?
That’s what I’m talking about. I’m not McKay rich to do something on my own, but I’d def. make an investment in a website along with others to do it.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
For his sake, I hope it was a big a** truck haha

Last edited:

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"Oduro earned the accolade after showcasing tremendous gains in nearly every statistical category compared to his freshman year this past season. Those significant improvements included scoring (10.4 ppg vs. 4.9 ppg), rebounding (6.1 rpg vs. 3.9 rpg), offensive rebounds (2.8 vs. 1.6), minutes (23.8 vs. 16.9), assists (1.1 apg vs. 0.3 apg) and FG% (.500 vs. .481).

In 2020-21, Oduro ranked third in A-10 and 60th nationally in offensive rebounds per game (2.8) and was tied for 10th in league play in blocks per game. He scored at least 10 points in 11 games, compared to five during his lengthier freshman season.

Oduro earned Atlantic 10 Player of the Week accolades on February 27 after pouring in a career-best 27 points in a win at vcu."

Atlantic 10 Preseason Poll (First Place Votes)
1. St. Bonaventure (28) - 392
2. Richmond – 359
3. Saint Louis – 325
4. vcu – 288
5. Dayton – 274
6. Davidson – 260
7. Rhode Island – 231
8. George Mason – 158
9. Massachusetts – 147
10. Saint Joseph's – 144
11. Duquesne – 129
12. La Salle – 105
13. George Washington – 96
14. Fordham – 32

Last edited:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

"Oduro earned the accolade after showcasing tremendous gains in nearly every statistical category compared to his freshman year this past season. Those significant improvements included scoring (10.4 ppg vs. 4.9 ppg), rebounding (6.1 rpg vs. 3.9 rpg), offensive rebounds (2.8 vs. 1.6), minutes (23.8 vs. 16.9), assists (1.1 apg vs. 0.3 apg) and FG% (.500 vs. .481).

In 2020-21, Oduro ranked third in A-10 and 60th nationally in offensive rebounds per game (2.8) and was tied for 10th in league play in blocks per game. He scored at least 10 points in 11 games, compared to five during his lengthier freshman season.

Oduro earned Atlantic 10 Player of the Week accolades on February 27 after pouring in a career-best 27 points in a win at vcu."

Atlantic 10 Preseason Poll (First Place Votes)
1. St. Bonaventure (28) - 392
2. Richmond – 359
3. Saint Louis – 325
4. vcu – 288
5. Dayton – 274
6. Davidson – 260
7. Rhode Island – 231
8. George Mason – 158
9. Massachusetts – 147
10. Saint Joseph's – 144
11. Duquesne – 129
12. La Salle – 105
13. George Washington – 96
14. Fordham – 32

Pretty big gap between 7 and 8 in terms of votes. Eighth seems about right for Mason right now.

Also, Fordham too high.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Love the GM logo goMason is using.
Harbinger of new logos to come????
While anything outside of a pile of poo would be preferable to the Mason Shooting Star logo, I am not a fan of GM as our logo, especially when combined with that font.

EDIT: I have rethought my comment. I think I WOULD prefer a pile of poo over the shooting star.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
While anything outside of a pile of poo would be preferable to the Mason Shooting Star logo, I am not a fan of GM as our logo, especially when combined with that font.

EDIT: I have rethought my comment. I think I WOULD prefer a pile of poo over the shooting star.
I know this may not be popular, but I kinda like the shooting star logo. Just a matter of taste, I guess.

JPgmuswim

Starter

I’m happier with just the shooting star like KE was wearing last night than the shooting star with patriots written under it.