Goodbye Josh Oduro

GMUSig03

All-Conference
Agreed. He’ll be fourth behind Reuter, Calixte and AJ

He's listed at 6'10 right? I'll take a flyer on virtually anyone who is 6'10 and can walk and chew gum at the same time, much less a kid that is generally raw but has constantly improved against some legit HS competition.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
He's listed at 6'10 right? I'll take a flyer on virtually anyone who is 6'10 and can walk and chew gum at the same time, much less a kid that is generally raw but has constantly improved against some legit HS competition.

I’ve seen him at 6’8 and 6’9.

I don’t think redshirting would be a slight. He’ll find playing time rough next year and then we’d have him for four years after a year in the system.

patriotchild

Starter
We don’t have a true 5. If he has any athleticism and height i think he’d find a couple minutes (at Reuter’s expense). We are still literally and figuratively short up front. I can see the reason for the redshirt if everyone returns. But it does t necessarily have to happen.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
If AJ can’t find minutes trust me this guy won’t be able to

They are completely different players. Oduro is a much closer comp to Calixte, a dirty-work guy who sets screens, plays solid defense and gets his points around the rim.

He should be a nice developmental piece because he’s used to not having the ball — PVI plays almost exclusively through their guards and wings, just like we do.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
They are completely different players. Oduro is a much closer comp to Calixte, a dirty-work guy who sets screens, plays solid defense and gets his points around the rim.

He should be a nice developmental piece because he’s used to not having the ball — PVI plays almost exclusively through their guards and wings, just like we do.

AJ is also obviously not 100%. He was limping down the court against UMass.

JPgmuswim

Starter
I have a feeling AJ transfers unless the lack of minutes is due to an injury.

If AJ transfers he loses a year of eligibility and would have to sit one to play one. Due to already redshirting freshmen year. The more likely thing would be playing with us next year, graduating, and playing elsewhere for a GT year if he still wanted to and wasn’t getting the minutes he wanted.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer

Sadly, CDP has no track record of coaching guys up and/or having recruited guys exceed their scouting site rankings.

None at all.

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
Past preparing the future!
14c070605f37b9e38519c5a6dea8e63a.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

As good as previous years have been for PVI to me this is their best season, at least that I've ever seen. Win every close game and despite losing two high DI guys to season-ending injury (Slater-Villanova, Harris, VT) they are only behind DeMatha in the WCAC.

Oduro does what he does. All I know is he's definitely filling his role. Crap, his role here will probably just be playing good defense and boxing out so guards can board--if he does just that I want him. Any offense is a bonus and that could develop as well.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I've said this before here and I say it again — Ask and professional head coach and he/she will tell you that he will take a hard worker over pure talent 90% of the time.

Way to go Oduro!

Herndon

All-Conference
He makes Reuter look like a speedster.
Yeah, I get why you'd say that, but he's also got better scoring skills than any of our current bigs.

Also, are we looking at Oduro's teammate Ford? 6'6 sophomore wing with nice athleticism and skills.

JPgmuswim

Starter
His teammate Anthony Harris just reopened his recruitment after Buzz bounced. In a pipe dream let’s land him. Make it happen DP, it can be Oduro’s first career mason assist.