Goodbye Josh Oduro

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I agree on Coach L, I hope he wins the whole damn thing. I will probably get there with lil Kimmie too, he brought back excitement to our team that had been lacking it for years.

I do believe he will be a great coach, right now I think his strengths are recruiting and promoting and the in-game coaching aspect needs to catch up a little. Therefore I won’t be upset to see it take him a while to be successful now that he’s made the jump to a QP6 without having the on court success that most coaches need to make that jump.

It just sucks being a fan of this program right now. Who else is joining North George Mason?

last one potentially is Ticket Gaines

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This totally not sour grapes as I wish Josh well and appreciate everything he did for the program over 4 years, but I wonder if he'll struggle with seeing more skilled athletic bigs in the Big East. He seemed to struggle with this in his career at Mason (I'm thinking specifically of the Auburn game) and wonder how he'll adjust. I guess time will tell.

Correct
This will be a big test of the new staff's player development skills

and I hope Josh does well

MASONscott

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
This totally not sour grapes as I wish Josh well and appreciate everything he did for the program over 4 years, but I wonder if he'll struggle with seeing more skilled athletic bigs in the Big East. He seemed to struggle with this in his career at Mason (I'm thinking specifically of the Auburn game) and wonder how he'll adjust. I guess time will tell.
No he/they will prosper. Not that I didn’t think the same thing.

But karma differs - whenever a cornerstone part of our program leaves they prosper.

Last edited:

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
No he/they will prosper. Not that I didn’t think the same thing.

But karma differs - whenever a cornerstone part of our program leaves they prosper.
The record has shown that but that is when our players go to a new coach. Josh is staying with the same coach and going to a tougher environment. Not sure it will be automatic success.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
This is a great observation. JO and JF will have an adjustment period for sure. JF had some good moments, but also some not so good.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Even though the lineup Rothstein posted is Providence’s best 5 players, can’t see how Kim thinks Josh is gonna be able to defend the 5 in that league. Good thing that’s not our problem.
They have 15 fouls to give

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
We all are well aware of Josh's struggles against big men, but, Josh is such a smart, crafty player and I am not going to say he won't be able to figure it out, especially since he will not be expected to carry the team.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I have no doubt that Josh will be able to hold his own against big men in the Big East. He has come a long way, been coached up and shown tremendous strides defensively from the first time he stepped on the floor. There will be guys that will score a ton of points against him, but they most likely would score a ton of points against anyone. Sometimes the big man can score 30+ and you can still lock everyone else down and win the game. Daron Holmes scored 34 against Mason, we still won.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I have no doubt that Josh will be able to hold his own against big men in the Big East. He has come a long way, been coached up and shown tremendous strides defensively from the first time he stepped on the floor. There will be guys that will score a ton of points against him, but they most likely would score a ton of points against anyone. Sometimes the big man can score 30+ and you can still lock everyone else down and win the game. Daron Holmes scored 34 against Mason, we still won.
You may be right and I hope he does well, but he needs to figure out how to not consistently miss those 2-3 foot bunnies to truly show process.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Josh isn’t a 5 in the Big East. That league is just a different animal for bigs. Not fair to expect him to be able to guard Donovan Clingan, Ryan Kalkbrenner or Joel Soriano, all of whom are 6-11 or taller. He’s gonna get worked.