Goodbye Josh Oduro

masonhoops1984

Role Player
It’s not gonna be 3-4 weeks before the new coach is in place lol. Don’t be surprised if it’s next week.

Also we have 4 incoming freshmen who remain committed to Mason and I don’t see any of them following Kim to Providence (maybe Ball has a chance, but not sure I see that).

Guess I just don’t think the new coach will have to fill 10 or more scholarships this offseason. Maybe I’ll be wrong.
You must think It’s Tony or bust then! No way they can get a deal with anyone else done, don’t you think they should at least wait till Dusty is done? At this point they should at least try. Where’s he going Texas? I mean it won’t hurt to try. Not saying it will happen but doubt Tony is going anywhere until they call. Without an AD I wouldn’t put anything past mason.

JPgmuswim

Starter
Josh has earned our support. I will cheer for him regardless of where he goes, even if he follows FKE to PC.
Josh has definitely earned our support, I’d love to see him get a chance to play in the NCAA Tournament.
That said I would love to see Lil Kimmie not make the tournament next year so….I guess if Josh follows him to PC, I’d chose them not making it over Josh getting to play in it.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Josh has definitely earned our support, I’d love to see him get a chance to play in the NCAA Tournament.
That said I would love to see Lil Kimmie not make the tournament next year so….I guess if Josh follows him to PC, I’d chose them not making it over Josh getting to play in it.
Tough call, but yeah.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Maybe it’s because he’s been gone so long now and time heals all wounds, or maybe it’s because he put Mason on the map nationally, but I feel great watching L have so much success at Miami.

I would think if Kim or our former players do well, it only reflects well on Mason’s ability to attract quality people.

For that reason I root for them all even though it hurts to know they’re not with us anymore.

JPgmuswim

Starter
Maybe it’s because he’s been gone so long now and time heals all wounds, or maybe it’s because he put Mason on the map nationally, but I feel great watching L have so much success at Miami.

I would think if Kim or our former players do well, it only reflects well on Mason’s ability to attract quality people.

For that reason I root for them all even though it hurts to know they’re not with us anymore.
I agree on Coach L, I hope he wins the whole damn thing. I will probably get there with lil Kimmie too, he brought back excitement to our team that had been lacking it for years.

I do believe he will be a great coach, right now I think his strengths are recruiting and promoting and the in-game coaching aspect needs to catch up a little. Therefore I won’t be upset to see it take him a while to be successful now that he’s made the jump to a P6 without having the on court success that most coaches need to make that jump.

masonhoops1984

Role Player
I agree with Jim. I bet this is wrapped up by this time next week. I also don't think we will need to recruit 10 kids out of the portal.
The issue is has Tony or any of the other coaching options even seen these kids play coming in from high school? I would venture to say no! None of them were high major program targets.

The only one who’s even localish is Ball. However he’ll be able to show off his talents to everyone in the capital classic game. I would venture to say there’s no way he commits anywhere before that.

JPgmuswim

Starter
The issue is has Tony or any of the other coaching options even seen these kids play coming in from high school? I would venture to say no! None of them were high major program targets.

The only one who’s even localish is Ball. However he’ll be able to show off his talents to everyone in the capital classic game. I would venture to say there’s no way he commits anywhere before that.
They’ll all have to be re-recruited or not. I can not envision Barron coming, I hope Ball is open to listening to the new coaches sales pitch.

It’s all a wait and see but none of them to my knowledge have reopened their recruitment yet which I kind of find surprising.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
They’ll all have to be re-recruited or not. I can not envision Barron coming, I hope Ball is open to listening to the new coaches sales pitch.

It’s all a wait and see but none of them to my knowledge have reopened their recruitment yet which I kind of find surprising.
I’m honestly not that surprised, Mason was the best real offer any of them had. It’s in their best interest to wait and see who we hire before putting themselves back on the market.

emjayar08

Sixth Man
Let’s not forget we are in the A10. Regardless of our coach, we are a school coveted by any player in a lower conference than the A10.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
AD news:

Uncw announced in June Jimmy Bass was retiring. In Feb they announced the hiring of the Deputy AD from UCONN. That was an 8 month process and they knew his retirement was coming. Just posting for perspective.

FlPatriot

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
AD news:

Uncw announced in June Jimmy Bass was retiring. In Feb they announced the hiring of the Deputy AD from UCONN. That was an 8 month process and they knew his retirement was coming. Just posting for perspective.
his retirement is effective April 1,2023…so makes sense…no.