Goodbye Josh Oduro

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Wish the kid all the best. Was a pleasure watching him grow from a nice 6'9 240 pound big guy, into a dynamic 6'9 post player who could really fill it up.

One of our best players in recent years. An absolute joy to watch.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Serious question - what would CKE’s record have been had Josh NOT stayed?
He wouldn't be at Providence, that's for sure. And probably if Ticket hadn't come back even with Josh. But, "ifs" don't get us much.

masonhoops1984

Role Player
May not be his choice
Honestly I think they may honor any player who sticks around. It’s going to be damn near impossible to get 13 players out of the portal.

High school kids are gone and committed. No more pgs who have no place here, won’t name names. They may as well just keep Peter then.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Honestly I think they may honor any player who sticks around. It’s going to be damn near impossible to get 13 players out of the portal.

High school kids are gone and committed. No more pgs who have no place here, won’t name names. They may as well just keep Peter then.
No offense to Peter, but why would a new coach who didn’t offer him decide to keep him on scholarship, knowing it was originally a favor to his older brother who won’t be around?

If he wants to stay as a walk-on that’s fine, but we should want our coach to have a full compliment of scholarships available as he starts building the team.

Makes no sense to take up one of 13 scholarships for an end of the bench player

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
No offense to Peter, but why would a new coach who didn’t offer him decide to keep him on scholarship, knowing it was originally a favor to his older brother who won’t be around?

If he wants to stay as a walk-on that’s fine, but we should want our coach to have a full compliment of scholarships available as he starts building the team.

But but but, he said he was better than Josh.

masonhoops1984

Role Player

Because it’s going to be hard to find 13 players in the portal. In 3-4 weeks when they finally hire a coach how many players will even be left? You can’t just go to the store and find 13 better players. It’s 1 player, if they have 2-3 other players stick around it may be different.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Because it’s going to be hard to find 13 players in the portal. In 3-4 weeks when they finally hire a coach how many players will even be left? You can’t just go to the store and find 13 better players. It’s 1 player, if they have 2-3 other players stick around it may be different.
It’s not gonna be 3-4 weeks before the new coach is in place lol. Don’t be surprised if it’s next week.

Also we have 4 incoming freshmen who remain committed to Mason and I don’t see any of them following Kim to Providence (maybe Ball has a chance, but not sure I see that).

Guess I just don’t think the new coach will have to fill 10 or more scholarships this offseason. Maybe I’ll be wrong.

masonhoops1984

Role Player
It’s not gonna be 3-4 weeks before the new coach is in place lol. Don’t be surprised if it’s next week.

Also we have 4 incoming freshmen who remain committed to Mason and I don’t see any of them following Kim to Providence (maybe Ball has a chance, but not sure I see that).

Guess I just don’t think the new coach will have to fill 10 or more scholarships this offseason. Maybe I’ll be wrong.
Why would they come? They can go anywhere they want. Kids pick coaches not schools. Not a single kid is really local, I guess wva is close? None of them are going to providence you are correct. Not a single one has anywhere near the talent to play in the Big East. This is part of English though. He got some nice transfers but outside Fernandez the high school kids really haven’t done much especially for a guy who was suppose to be a big recruiter.

Old Ram

Preferred Walk-On

It’s definitely hard (but not impossible) to keep commits who you didn’t recruit.

It‘s going to require a huge sales job.