Goodbye Josh Oduro

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If you wanna look closely at the voting breakdown, you can see that of 29 ballots Oduro and Loyer only have 28 votes, Burton has 26, Vince Williams has 24, etc. Tells you something about the quality of voter top to bottom (except me of course). It's a fun exercise that gets decently close to the truth but there is no way Oduro actually wins POY this year. He was already walking a tightrope by being outside the top 4, then he fell flat to end the season and his team finished 9th. Love the guy but it ain't happening.

View: https://twitter.com/3BidLeaguePod/status/1501021014838366212?t=Dyzt7ThAj3j3Y6OC8LRfIw&s=19

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If you wanna look closely at the voting breakdown, you can see that of 29 ballots Oduro and Loyer only have 28 votes, Burton has 26, Vince Williams has 24, etc. Tells you something about the quality of voter top to bottom (except me of course). It's a fun exercise that gets decently close to the truth but there is no way Oduro actually wins POY this year. He was already walking a tightrope by being outside the top 4, then he fell flat to end the season and his team finished 9th. Love the guy but it ain't happening.

View: https://twitter.com/3BidLeaguePod/status/1501021014838366212?t=Dyzt7ThAj3j3Y6OC8LRfIw&s=19

He has one more year to try to get it. If he improves his rebounding and fouling he has a really good chance so long as he doesn’t get the Mason Junior kiss of death: most improved player award.

It’ll be interesting to see if he even gets first team, considering the bias toward top 4 finishing teams there too.

That was voted on by Petey Buckets and 19 other Twitter users. Dan Frank who believes a bad womens team is better than a bad mens team also was polled. I’ll wait to hear from the coaches

How many Mason votes did we get on that committee? Buckets, Frank, who else?

I like Dan Frank but when he cries at press conferences it really irks myself and any generation not entirely comprised of complete pussies

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
How many Mason votes did we get on that committee? Buckets, Frank, who else?

I like Dan Frank but when he cries at press conferences it really irks myself and any generation not entirely comprised of complete pussies
I think that is it... Also the Saint Louis fans voted Devonte Gaines for 3rd team and "most impact transfer". I love Ticket but they had to be thinking of Schwartz right @Petey Buckets ?

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I think that is it... Also the Saint Louis fans voted Devonte Gaines for 3rd team and "most impact transfer". I love Ticket but they had to be thinking of Schwartz right @Petey Buckets ?
Ticket shows really well in all of the advanced metrics so I think they just pretzeled themselves into giving him a vote instead of Schwartz, even though Schwartz was obviously the better pick. Doesn't super matter since they said they forgot about Foster Loyer, who should run away with it.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Ticket shows really well in all of the advanced metrics so I think they just pretzeled themselves into giving him a vote instead of Schwartz, even though Schwartz was obviously the better pick. Doesn't super matter since they said they forgot about Foster Loyer, who should run away with it.

Another player to watch for next season. He HAS to become more aggressive and look for his own shot more. Can't have halves where he takes 0 shots, or entire games where he takes only 1 or 2.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I see him trying in recent games, but Josh really needs to focus on being able to create his own shot from 15+ft in. The occasional 3 is not going to pull defenders out so he needs to put the ball on the floor and figure out how to make a shot/draw defenders from the foul line in. I have no doubt the coaching staff knows this and will work with him on it. If he can refine the non-back-to-the-basket part of his game it'll do wonders for our offense next season.

GMU1983

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
FNWlv1uXsAAsyDA

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Fair enough. We, as a team did not do well, so no one should expect individual honors like POY. Surprised that Loyer is 2nd team. As a 9th place finisher I was actually expecting Josh to get 2nd team. Good for him.

Last edited:

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Fair enough. We, as a team did not do well, so no one should expect individual honors like POY. Surprised that Loyer is 2nd team. As a 9th place finisher I was actually expecting Josh to get 2nd team. Good for him.
First in scoring, second in rebounding in A-10 games. It would’ve been criminal to leave Josh off the first team regardless of team performance. Glad our guy didn’t get the Marquise Moore screw job this time.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Super unfair but Joshn had a couple duds down the stretch that, coupled with our record, kept him out of the POY spot. We either would have had to be a top 4 or Josh would have had to had better games against Fordham and Davidson...especially Fordham.

Either way, major props for first team honors and the hard work he put in. He's been a blast to watch all season.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Also didn't get the kiss of death
Good thing. CKE has said many times that Josh has only "scratched the surface" of his development. Wouldn't want to jinx it. Get through some wins in the A10 Tourney and heal that knee. Mostly seniors and early NBA draftees get POY, anyway.

Congratulations Josh Oduro for Mason's FIRST ever A10 All-First-Team honors! No one saw this coming a year ago—thanks for sticking around.