Goodbye Josh Oduro

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Josh isn’t a 5 in the Big East. That league is just a different animal for bigs. Not fair to expect him to be able to guard Donovan Clingan, Ryan Kalkbrenner or Joel Soriano, all of whom are 6-11 or taller. He’s gonna get worked.
I actually saw him against Soriano at Fordham in march 2020 and think he did alright. I don’t remember though.

I also thought Soriano was 23 then, lol

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I actually saw him against Soriano at Fordham in march 2020 and think he did alright. I don’t remember though.

I also thought Soriano was 23 then, lol

They were both freshmen back then, both players are completely different now.

He should want to play the 4 anyway if he has any thoughts of ever making it at the next level.

Masonfan3

Starter
They were both freshmen back then, both players are completely different now.

He should want to play the 4 anyway if he has any thoughts of ever making it at the next level.
Josh has a 0% chance of making it to the NBA. He is a very good college player but he lacks size, athleticism, shooting, handles, quickness, etc. to even get a look.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Josh has a 0% chance of making it to the NBA. He is a very good college player but he lacks size, athleticism, shooting, handles, quickness, etc. to even get a look.

He has a greater than 0% chance of winding up in the NBA. Is it a good chance? No.

But if he has a desire to get there he needs to dedicate himself to learning how to play a modern 4. And this would even be true if he wants to play in the Euro League (just ask Will Thomas).

NewPatriot

Starter
He has a greater than 0% chance of winding up in the NBA. Is it a good chance? No.

But if he has a desire to get there he needs to dedicate himself to learning how to play a modern 4. And this would even be true if he wants to play in the Euro League (just ask Will Thomas).
The fact that he was a bench warmer on Paul VI with no offer other than Mason, came in as a plotter and managed to become an 2 time all-10 first teamer with some NBA interest is amazing....

Will he make the NBA? No, he can make a living overseas which is still pretty good.

It's a tribute to his hard work and dedication.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
All Big East
Honorable Mention:

Donovan Clingan, Connecticut, C, So., 7-2, 280, Bristol, CT
Josh Oduro, Providence, F, Gr., 6-4, 290, Gainesville, VA
Quincy Olivari, Xavier, G, Gr., 6-3, 200, Atlanta, GA

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Portsmouth Invitational Tournament

PLAYER SELECTION​

To be one of the 64 players selected for invitation to the P.I.T. by the Player Selection Committee, players must be seniors in good academic and athletic department standing. The P.I.T. considers players from NCAA Divisions I, II and III, as well as NAIA. Players must certify that they have not been “paid to play” in any basketball game or tournament in accordance with NCAA By-Laws 2-3(I)

GLOWTfRW0AEd-OM