Welcome Jordan Miller

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I'm surprised by the timing of the announcement after the impressive press conference:

Jordan Miller

@Jordan_miller11

·
20m

After discussing with my family it is in my best interest to explore all of my options. I have entered the transfer portal however I am not ruling out a return to GMU.

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I think we're nearing an inflection point in CBB where every good player is going to do this at the end of each season. Maybe we're already there. Why wouldn't you throw your name in to see who comes calling?

The limiting factor will be guys who aren't quite good enough to have the coach keep their seat warm while they're exploring options. I hope Miller and Oduro get up out the portal but this is just the business at this point.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
It is starting to look like non P6 schools are becoming places where lightly recruited players go to get noticed. The only way around this is if you build an environment and culture that they love so they want to be here. Lot to do, Coach English, but add that to your list.

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
It is starting to look like non P6 schools are becoming places where lightly recruited players go to get noticed. The only way around this is if you build an environment and culture that they love so they want to be here. Lot to do, Coach English, but add that to your list.

JUCO and P5 transfers are going to be the new thing.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Glorified free agency. Probably won't calm down until post covid where there isn't an automatic eligibility for an extra year and when it could really mess with graduation timelines. Kids get in their head that they can do better than where they are and they look to see what options are. Similar to how job hopping happens. Mid majors will get screwed, but at the same rate, those who want more playing time will have the ability to look down a level as well so it might be more the low majors that get screwed.

I'd love to see Jordan stay too, but if he wants to go so be it. I wish him the very best.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I can understand this from Jordan's perspective...it's a pretty big leap of faith that English is going to get you to the NCAA tournament in one to two seasons. English is going to have to convince him he can.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Glorified free agency. Probably won't calm down until post covid where there isn't an automatic eligibility for an extra year and when it could really mess with graduation timelines. Kids get in their head that they can do better than where they are and they look to see what options are. Similar to how job hopping happens. Mid majors will get screwed, but at the same rate, those who want more playing time will have the ability to look down a level as well so it might be more the low majors that get screwed.

I'd love to see Jordan stay too, but if he wants to go so be it. I wish him the very best.

Yeah, this is probably especially true for rising seniors who all of a sudden get two years.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeah, this is probably especially true for rising seniors who all of a sudden get two years.

Yeah, suddenly getting 2 more years to complete your degree, 3 years in gives you some flexibility, especially when you already probably do summer school. Jordan is in a good position if he did want to go elsewhere.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It seems to me that everyone is ignoring the “have not ruled out a return to GMU” from our players. Kolek and Miller have added that disclaimer in their tweets.

These kids probably didn’t know who Kim English was two weeks ago. I think anyone who has ever been recruited for college athletics understand that every coach who has ever recruited them gives them same spiel.

The big name recruits English landed for the Vols took years to develop a relationship. Didn’t happen in less than a week.

Last edited:

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It seems to me that everyone is ignoring the “have not ruled out a return to GMU” from our players. Kolek and Miller have added that disclaimer in their tweets.

These kids probably didn’t know who Kim English was two weeks ago. I think anyone who has ever been recruited for college athletics understand that every coach who has ever recruited them give them same spiel.

The big name recruits English landed for the Vols took years to develop a relationship. Didn’t happen in less than a week.

I don't disagree, but my feeling is they are just saying that to say that. I would be very surprised if any of them returned, but happy to be proven wrong.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I don't disagree, but my feeling is they are just saying that to say that. I would be very surprised if any of them returned, but happy to be proven wrong.
Agee and it’s very likely they are gone but my point is to look at it from the players point of view.

I loved everything English said in the presser but it’s nothing these kids haven’t heard from 50 other coaches as well. It would be unwise for them to limit their opportunities by absolutely confirming
or denying a return to Mason.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Lamar might be a good fit for director of operations if they bring him on board, assuming the position is even available.

Gotta disagree ... DOBO is a purely administrative position that doesn’t recruit or have a coaching role in practice. If we’re putting Lamar on staff, I want him working out with our guys when he’s not on the road — that’s where he’s most valuable.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Frazer and Henry might be only guys staying. It's been all rainbows for KE til today, some battles arising.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Frazer and Henry might be only guys staying. It's been all rainbows for KE til today, some battles arising.
If that is the case he'll have some hustling to do. On the other hand we haven't won anything with the current roster. Ladies and gents, introducing your 2021 - 2022 lineup. At the 1 TBD, 2 TBD, 3 TBD, 4 TBD, and 5 TBD. ;)