Goodbye Jordan Miller

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
When he stole the ball in his first 10 seconds of his college career and then threw it down (and then did it AGAIN) later in the game, I knew he was special.
Sadly, it's also when we learned that Dave was not the talent evaluator we thought he might be. He gets credit for recruiting Miller to Mason, but I'll never understand how how watched Jordan play and thought he needed to sit out a year.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Sadly, it's also when we learned that Dave was not the talent evaluator we thought he might be. He gets credit for recruiting Miller to Mason, but I'll never understand how how watched Jordan play and thought he needed to sit out a year.
What I'm remembering, at least part of the idea of redshirting came from Jordan's lack of confidence in his ability to play in games his first year and that sitting out the year would help him be prepared for Div 1.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
What I'm remembering, at least part of the idea of redshirting came from Jordan's lack of confidence in his ability to play in games his first year and that sitting out the year would help him be prepared for Div 1.

Dave Paulsen said telling him he was going to redshirt took the pressure off to get minutes and he started practicing much better after that. That is DP’s story. I don’t think we ever heard Miller’s take on the situation.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Then:

Jordan_Miller_Loudoun_Valley_Basketball.jpg

"On Thursday, Dec. 13, Jordan Miller announced via his Instagram story that he would be redshirting for the 2018-2019 season.

Miller played in the October scrimmage but has yet to see game time this year. From the Instagram story above it seems as if he will not be playing for the entirety of this season. Giantkiller reached out for comment on the situation from the team, but was told that Mason does not announce their redshirts until the end of the season.

This should be noted, as Mason does not usually officially announce redshirts mid-season. However, it is interesting that Miller made the announcement himself."

Now:

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1677885342169575425

F0edm86agAINqyt.jpeg

Last edited:

illayin

Sixth Man

illayin

Sixth Man
Anyone know if he is going to actually get some legit minutes?

He's not in their rotation right now...he came in to the first game of the season because the Clippers were ahead by like 18 with a few minutes left. It would take a couple injuries or some bench guys underperforming for him to get consistent minutes at this point. He could also end up in the G League at some point since he's on a two-way contract. He would probably get a lot of playing time in the G League.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
LoL. Clippers roster is CRAZY. Can you imagine being a rookie alongside these all-stars?

Russell Westbrook
Paul George
Kawhi Leonard
James Harden

Also pretty wild that he and Bones are there together.
Bones McKinney can still ball!!

illayin

Sixth Man
Just an update. Jordan is currently tied for 6th in the G League in scoring (tied with dunk champ Mac McClung). He was leading the league in scoring a few weeks ago but left a game early with an injury which hurt his averages.

Current season averages:
23.1 points, 6.9 rebounds, 1.8 assists, 1.6 to's, 1.1 steals, 0.5 blocks, 47.3% FG, 30.4% 3PT, 84.8% FT

Certainly holding his own. He also has some of the higher efficiency numbers in the league. Once he starts knocking down 3's consistently I would imagine he'll find a role on the Clippers. He's been up on the team a few times but only garbage time really. With Westbrook out for an extended period, hopefully he'll get a chance again soon.