Welcome Jared Billups

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Solid pick up, especially if that dirty little school in Richmond was eyeing him.... along with Davidson. Davidson recruits defense.

Good motor on this kid.... won't be an elite scorer but if he can lock down the opponents stud guard each night and make their life miserable shooting the ball and throw in some steals each game..then if he can give us 8-10 points a game we should be more than happy.

I wasn’t kidding when I said half the A10: Richmond, Davidson, vcu, UMass , URI, La Salle and Mason.

Harrie

Recruit
Didn’t Billups come to Mason with Colorado one season (think a home and home) when Nate Langley was with the patriots?
Mason played Colorado with Chauncy Billups decades ago. Although there, I don't remember many details other than it was an exciting game and Mason won.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Mason played Colorado with Chauncy Billups decades ago. Although there, I don't remember many details other than it was an exciting game and Mason won.
I wasn't there, but I remember how excited I was.

mason89

Starter

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Can anyone recall a Mason guard other than Jared Billups who has effectively defended the 1-5 positions?

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Thanks! I guess I should have known that, but I don't attend games anymore.
That’s disappointing to hear. Honestly I was hoping that I could see you amongst many others at homecoming.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
C'mon Pablo! It was 6 yrs for me. If you can go.

I've thought about it, now that Tony is coaching. But, then I read comments like the following posted by Patriotsince81:

"The entire night was beneath us. Embarrassing on all counts. I've given up on our attendance ever being anything above pathetic. No students, 1/5 of the band, lame alums. Sigh, we suck in this area, always have and always will. Play home games at the RAC or build a 3,000 seat arena, we're never going to fill EBA. I moved away from a special needs fan because I got tired of being kicked in the head and threatened with death. Well, it's not any better this year. A bunch of 60+ year old men right behind me who talk like teenage girls. If you want to stitch and bitch go out to dinner to talk about work and your feelings. Text each other, get a room, just shut the hell up."

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I've thought about it, now that Tony is coaching. But, then I read comments like the following posted by Patriotsince81:

"The entire night was beneath us. Embarrassing on all counts. I've given up on our attendance ever being anything above pathetic. No students, 1/5 of the band, lame alums. Sigh, we suck in this area, always have and always will. Play home games at the RAC or build a 3,000 seat arena, we're never going to fill EBA. I moved away from a special needs fan because I got tired of being kicked in the head and threatened with death. Well, it's not any better this year. A bunch of 60+ year old men right behind me who talk like teenage girls. If you want to stitch and bitch go out to dinner to talk about work and your feelings. Text each other, get a room, just shut the hell up."
But if you go to games....wouldn't you be helping solve the problem 81 mentions?

Pablo

Hall of Famer
But if you go to games....wouldn't you be helping solve the problem 81 mentions?

While I could increase attendance, I can't do anything about the annoying or disengaged fans that he mentions. For the record, the fans in our section were engaged and never a problem.

Has there been a significant change in fan behavior at Mason games recently?

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
While I could increase attendance, I can't do anything about the annoying or disengaged fans that he mentions. For the record, the fans in our section were engaged and never a problem.

Has there been a significant change in fan behavior at Mason games recently?
Sorry, I can't relate to this one. I've never actively chosen to not go to a sporting event because there may or may not be some annoying fans....it's a sporting event...

GreenLantern

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Hey, I had my favorite drink carrier stole by some rotten kid at the last game I went to. Get off my lawn!